Voluntary recall for SPOT 2 Satellite Messengers
During recent testing, SPOT discovered that some of the new SPOT 2 devices might not meet battery and messaging operating specifications. Spot is conducting a voluntary return on any new model SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger (SPOT 2) purchased since October 1, 2009.
To see if your SPOT-2 unit is affected by this issue, please do the following:
- If you have activated your SPOT-2 unit, login to your account at https://login.findmespot.com, click on the My GPS Locations tab and a message will display indicating if you have an affected SPOT-2 unit.
- If you have not activated your SPOT-2 unit, do not activate. We highly recommend you return your product for replacement at your earliest convenience.
The Exchange Process
- Replacement units are anticipated to be available in early 2010. More details to follow.
- If you exchange your eligible unit, you will also receive 1 additional month of your current SPOT service plan and associated services.
- Once exchanged, you will receive a new SPOT-2 unit.
- Please follow this process to receive your return shipping materials. These will be sent you upon completion of the form.
- Ship only your SPOT-2 unit and take out batteries prior to shipping.
This does not affect SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker (SPOT-1) nor is it an upgrade program to transition from SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker (SPOT-1) to the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger (SPOT-2).