SPOT Satellite Communicator Recalled
Spot LLC has issued a product recall on the SPOT Satellite Communicator which is bundled and sold exclusively with the DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w. Spot LLC has discovered that a part, which does not meet operating specifications, was substituted in some SPOT Satellite Communicator devices during the manufacturing process.
In certain incidents, intended messages may not be transmitted, including requests for help or emergency assistance, when the SPOT Satellite Communicator is used at temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit/4.44 degrees Celsius.
Please note this DOES NOT impact the DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w handheld device itself or any other DeLorme product.
Spot LLC is committed to providing the highest quality and best performance products to its customers. Therefore, Spot LLC is conducting a complete product replacement of all SPOT Satellite Communicators within ESN range:
ESN range 0-2000000 and 0-2019999.
Please stop using the SPOT Satellite Communicator and follow the instructions below to promptly return the device for an immediate replacement of a new SPOT Satellite Communicator at no charge.
Customers who return their affected SPOT Satellite Communicator devices by June 1, 2011 will receive 6 FREE additional months of SPOT service automatically with a new SPOT Satellite Communicator device.
Important: Please DO NOT return the DeLorme PN-60w handheld. Only the SPOT Satellite Communicator should be returned.
The Replacement Process:
- Save any messenger data that you want to keep by reading these instructions on saving your data. Spot LLC is not responsible for any data loss.
- You must complete the Product Recall Replacement Form.
- Upon submission of the Product Recall Replacement Form, you will be forwarded shipping material to return your SPOT Satellite Communicator device.
- When using the SPOT supplied materials, a pre-paid UPS shipping label will be paid for by Spot LLC.
- Ship only your SPOT Satellite Communicator device and remove the batteries prior to shipping.
- Once your device has been received, you will be sent a new, replacement SPOT Satellite Communicator device which you can expect to receive within approximately 5-7 business days.
- For active subscribers, your current service will be swapped to the new SPOT Satellite Communicator with a new ESN number upon shipping.
For more questions
- Please call toll-free 1 (866) 727-7733
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: www.findmespot.com/replacement/
SPOT Recall Replacement Terms
Product Return: You must complete the registration at www.findmespot.com/replacement and follow SPOT Recall Replacement Program guidelines. Spot LLC is not responsible for any data loss. Once you complete the registration, you will be forwarded shipping material. You can expect to receive your new SPOT Satellite Communicator within 7 to 10 business days upon receipt of your return. Spot LLC has chosen to self insure the shipment of your SPOT Satellite Communicator, and will assume the risk of loss for any SPOT Satellite Communicator lost during shipment. Please call 1 (866) 727-7733 if you have questions.