We've got new Trailspace hats!

If you've already got the free stickers, you can now show off your love for the Trailspace backcountry community on the trail and around town with a new Trailspace Trail Runner hat.

The 2010 versions are made by Headsweats of lightweight, extremely breathable Coolmax polyester. The five-panel active fit design features a Coolmax sweatband and easily adjustable hook-and-loop closure. And they weigh 1.7 oz (30 percent lighter!) than the original version.

The updated hats arrived last week and I've been running, hiking, and traveling in mine since. They've also been spotted on local trails on the heads of some of Trailspace's finest (and youngest) members.

You can buy your own Trailspace cap for $17.95 from our friends at Gear for Adventure.

Get your Trailspace Trail Runner Cap.

Filed under: Gear News, Trailspace News

Comments

noddlehead
August 1, 2010 at 11:30 a.m. (EDT)

Pretty cool and would buy one except I do not wear caps these days and prefer a full brim. Orvis Lite Felt is my current favorite but would consider a woven, cotton scrutchable.

GaryPalmer
August 1, 2010 at 4:49 p.m. (EDT)

Soon as I get out of the hospital and can I will by one. I have the dark cotton Trailspace cap which is okay but I like this one better. Great!!!!

August 1, 2010 at 6:02 p.m. (EDT)

I agree that hats are a personal preference. I've learned that I really like caps and some broad brimmed ones, as long as they are not too stiff.

Gary (and everyone else who won an award or honorable mention in the member photo contest this spring: DO NOT BUY A HAT, unless you want more than one. I'm sending one to each of you at the end of the month, after OR and vacation, as promised.

Cleric
August 1, 2010 at 6:16 p.m. (EDT)

How do these do with large heads? I have a heck of a time getting adjustable hats to fit comfortably and properly? Have they been tried on someone with a size 7 7/8 or 8 noggin?

Wish I had a smaller head, I'd own a hundred hats...

noddlehead
August 1, 2010 at 6:54 p.m. (EDT)

Big head as well and kinda embarrassing............

f_klock
August 1, 2010 at 8:23 p.m. (EDT)

I'm a hat guy - period! Wide brims? Oh yeah. My Tilly T3 light goes everywhere with me. I also LOVE my original trailspace.com hat. So much in fact, that it is becoming a bit worn. The new ones look lighter, and even more breathable than the first ones.

I have the opposite problem that cleric has though. I have small bean! I have to adjust my hat almost all the way down to keep it from falling off my head. There is a lot of adjustment strap, so I'm guessing it would fit larger sized heads too.

August 1, 2010 at 9:30 p.m. (EDT)

I personally love hats too, though I like some styles better than others.

Cleric, my head is on the larger size, at least for a woman — (7 3/8) — and the Trailspace hats work fit me well. I just tried mine on to compare for you, and there's still plenty of room to go bigger. The strap on the new hats is adjustable via a "hook-and-loop" (i.e. velcro) strap.

For the smaller heads out there, the picture in the blog is of my preschooler wearing the hat, tightened as much as possible. It's still a bit big for her, but it's definitely wearable even for her small noggin. So if your head is bigger than a 2-year-old's, you should be just fine.

August 1, 2010 at 11:32 p.m. (EDT)

Also, f_klock is right that the new hats are lighter and more breathable. I was very happy with my original hat (in my current avatar at left), but I think I'm going to like this one better.

JimDoss
REVIEW CORPS
August 2, 2010 at 12:42 a.m. (EDT)

Mine's on order! :-)

GaryPalmer
August 2, 2010 at 7:36 p.m. (EDT)

Thanks Alica, you mean the end of August?