Community feedback — your reaction to other members' reviews — plays a vital role in identifying and highlighting the best and most useful gear reviews on Trailspace. However, the effect of your vote on the position of a review hasn't always been very obvious. So today we're introducing a new interface, found at the top of each review, to clarify and encourage your feedback.
Here's how it works:
- Click the up arrow if you think the review is useful.
- Click the down arrow if you think it is not useful.
- If you've voted a review up or down, the corresponding arrow will be highlighted to show your vote.
- You can undo or change your vote at any time by clicking on the opposite arrow.
- The number shows the net positive feedback received by the review (upvotes minus downvotes).
The more positive feedback (upvotes) a review receives, the higher it will appear on its product page. The reviews on each product page are sorted by a combination of recency (the date that each review was posted) and community feedback (the number of net positive votes received). This ensures that over time, the best reviews are shown first, while new reviews also get their moment in the sun.
The old "was this useful?" buttons are still available at the bottom of each review; clicking them has the same effect as clicking the new up/down vote arrows.