About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

The Kelty Baby Carrier

6:09 p.m. on April 16, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,264 reviewer rep
1,248 forum posts

Sweaty forehead kiss

On my sunburned neck tells me

My boy is asleep. 

6:23 p.m. on April 16, 2012 (EDT)
2,264 reviewer rep
1,248 forum posts

ps - this was a long time ago.  my son is fourteen now, almost as tall as i am, and usually happy to wait for his dad on the trail.  :) 

4:42 p.m. on April 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Summer comes to stay

Little Son perches up high

Look! See! Experience!

9:30 p.m. on April 19, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

how sweeeet! I remember those days too...now my boy is 18 and hiking in New Zealand with his buddies. I am a happy mom!

6:42 p.m. on April 23, 2012 (EDT)
192 reviewer rep
30 forum posts

I never had the opportunity to introduce my son to the outdoors in this way though I almost bought something like this on several occasions.

This haiku captures an unselfish essence of the outdoors which I would advocate perpetuating. 

Though I attain personal benefit by being outdoors, the wilderness is the ultimate resource which sustains us all and binds us to each other. 

Choosing to write about gear that benefits ourselves (we get to go into the wilderness, even though we have children) in a way that involves more than just ourselves (by this carrier, the next generation learns to venerate the wilderness) is admirable.  Kudos!

1:33 p.m. on April 24, 2012 (EDT)
2,264 reviewer rep
1,248 forum posts

my mom and dad introduced us to hiking when 60/40 parkas, ragg wool sweaters, and external frame packs were the state of the art.  it had a profound influence on my life, so i have tried to give my kids the same kind of experience.  we started early with the child carrier.  :)

5:14 p.m. on April 26, 2012 (EDT)
2,264 reviewer rep
1,248 forum posts

thumbs down?

6:29 p.m. on April 26, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,679 reviewer rep
1,137 forum posts

After 13 yeard and five kids with my Kelty kid hauler I give you a hearty thumbs up to make up for the haters

Jeff

12:47 p.m. on April 30, 2012 (EDT)
192 reviewer rep
30 forum posts

Being the victim of the thumbs down myself, I was also confused.  Perhaps the downers believe that a thumbs down serves to subtract a thumbs up.  I don't recall anything in the rules mentioning the thumbs down serving any purpose whatsoever.  It's also anonymous and unless they provide some commentary (I haven't seen any), it remains inexplicable and perhaps even petty.  A purposeless, cowardly thumb in the eye.  Haters.

But...since I have a thumbs down already, I would like to start an alternate competition.  The person with the most thumbs down wins something bad, like the worst reviewed object on some gear suppliers website.  It'll be like a white elephant contest!

Please give any Haiku of mine a thumbs down!  Vote early and often!

3:29 p.m. on April 30, 2012 (EDT)
486 reviewer rep
1,356 forum posts

I like this and give it a few thumbs up just on principle alone. I also give the thumb downers one finger up...he he.....

4:19 p.m. on April 30, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

I am at a complete loss why anyone would give this a thumbs down. I guess some people just hate the very thought of family, love, fun, puppies, kittens, laughter, Santa Claus, and unicorns? 

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply