Check out this video

12:36 a.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
84 reviewer rep
66 forum posts

I wasn't sure which category this should be under, so I went with this one. This is a 30 minute show I watch every Thursday. To be honest it's probably my favorite t.v. show and the only one I look forward to watching each week. It's an outdoor show that covers different outdoor stories from throughout Oregon. I think I like watching it so much, because I'm usually familiar with the different locations they film, I learn something every episode, and there are no commercials. 

Anyway, I wanted to share last weeks episode that covered three different stories. The first one covers an interesting study on trees and pollution - how certain trees with high emissions of VOCs can actually cause air pollution in urban environments. I found it to be very interesting. The second (why I'm posting here) is a neat story on an ultralight backpacker, and the third is on Lincoln City's kite festival. Check out the synchronized kite flying team, pretty impressive. I've read a few people on here enjoy kite festivals or flying them anyway. The whole video is 30 minutes, but you can fast forward if you don't have the time or interest in the first story. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/segments/view/1820

7:20 a.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
600 forum posts

Sounds neat capow, don't have the time now but I will be watching this tonight.

9:19 a.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Capow, what time is this on? I checked out the kite fest one and saw Rita and I setting up. :)

4:27 p.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
84 reviewer rep
66 forum posts

This particular episode was on last Thursday, but the new episodes of Oregon Field Guide are on Thursdays at 8:00pm on OPB.

10:49 p.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

looks great

12:36 p.m. on March 8, 2012 (EST)
14 reviewer rep
318 forum posts

That is ultralight. 8 pound pack without food. I also like the umbrella bug screen. I must be afraid at 35 pounds, or perhaps a bit more comfortable.

10:42 a.m. on March 9, 2012 (EST)
84 reviewer rep
66 forum posts

Yeah, I know. I was thinking how uncomfortable I would be without some of the things he doesn't carry. And the way he "chops" up his food. Ha-ha. No thanks, even though he does have good reasoning...i guess.

10:47 a.m. on March 9, 2012 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

That's pretty cool Capow. Thanks for posting. 

September 1, 2014
Quick Reply