Pack reviews

11:55 a.m. on June 7, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Are there any ladies out there that have short torso's and can give me any internal frame pack reviews? I've been looking at the Gregory Reality in particular size: xsmall with a small hip belt. Loved it with weight in the store would like some reviews from ladies on that or other packs though. The only reviews I've found on the Reality are from guys that are about 6' tall. Thanks

10:00 p.m. on June 7, 2001 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,049 forum posts
Bean's expedition pack

Hi June,

I can't speak for the Gregory Reality, but last summer I bought an LL Bean guide series expedition pack, sized for women, to replace my seven-year-old Camp Trails pack. I love the Bean pack! I'm 5'4" and definitely on the shorter torso side. This pack has been very comfortable and offers quite a lot of room (around 5,000 cu. in.) and storage options. While the pack is able to store everything I need, even in winter, it also packs down well for summer trips with less gear. I've now used it year-round and have no complaints at all. When I replace my current day pack for ice climbing next winter, I'm probably going to get the guide series summit pack, based on my experience with the expedition pack.

I hope that helps.
Alicia

6:31 a.m. on June 8, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

I spent quite a few trips to different stores in search of a good pack for my girlfriend. She has a relatively short torso.
After trying on many packs, the ones that fit her best were: the Gregory Banshee, small - as a daypack &
Arcterx Bora, small as a backpack.

She loves both of them and reports only praise.
The key was to try many packs with loads
adjusted and explained by knowledgeable store staff

Quote:

Are there any ladies out there that have short torso's and can give me any internal frame pack reviews? I've been looking at the Gregory Reality in particular size: xsmall with a small hip belt. Loved it with weight in the store would like some reviews from ladies on that or other packs though. The only reviews I've found on the Reality are from guys that are about 6' tall. Thanks

1:05 p.m. on June 8, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Scott, Scott M
Arc Teryx Bora 60 (or is it 65?)

My wife is 5'3" tall and weighs something like 110. She bought the small Arc Teryx Bora 60 (or 65 I forget). She loves it and won't stop raving about it. Might be worth checking out. I'm sure how much you want to spend...I think this pack is around 350.00

9:56 p.m. on June 8, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Just took a Reality in the Sierra Nevadas. It was a fine fit and a great pack. (5'6 140). No shoulder or hip fatigue. Had about 35 lbs in it.
Try several different packs and maybe rent a couple for weekend trips to be sure...

Quote:

7:56 a.m. on June 10, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hi - I'm using the Gregory Gravity pack, xs, and it fits like a dream. I'm 5'6", 135 - the hip belts are really
comfortable and you can adjust the load weight from several
angles to get it just right. Only drawback is the number
of straps-makes the pack look like it has a lot going on-
but I would still highly recommend.

September 16, 2014
Quick Reply