non-USA tents

5:27 p.m. on May 17, 2001 (EDT)

I'm shopping for a 3-4 season, 2+ person tent. Found out about those neato Euro brands -- VauDe (I have their 55 liter backpack -- PRIMO!), Ferrino, etc. Has anyone used tents by non-US companies like these? Any recommendations?

6:20 p.m. on May 17, 2001 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

You've probably already read them, but if not: the gear reviews section of the site has a number of reviews of tents by VauDe, Ferrino, Hilleberg, and other non-American tentmakers.

-Dave

11:23 p.m. on May 17, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Vaude

I have a Vaude Hogan that I bought in 1990. Has held up well. A good winter tent, not summer though. Not enough ventilation.

chris

12:34 a.m. on May 19, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Sascha

I'd really recommend Hilleberg tents from Sweden. They make superb tents, which can last a lifetime (a friend of mine inherited his from his uncle)and are great for winter and summer. I personally bought a Nallo, which is more a 1 3/4 person tent, but very light-weight. Hilleberg is expensiv, though, but it is wisely spent money. As far as I know, they also have a branch in the USA.

12:35 a.m. on May 19, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Sascha

I'd really recommend Hilleberg tents from Sweden. They make superb tents, which can last a lifetime (a friend of mine inherited his from his uncle)and are great for winter and summer. I personally bought a Nallo, which is more a 1 3/4 person tent, but very light-weight. Hilleberg is expensiv, though, but it is wisely spent money. As far as I know, they also have a branch in the USA.

8:21 p.m. on June 15, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Rich

I bought a Hilleberg Nallo 2 and it's the best 2 man tent I've seen yet. I've been shopping around for a tent for a long time now and the Hilleberg was well worth the extra money.

September 14, 2014
Quick Reply