Back Packing Wind Rivers, WY

5:38 p.m. on July 25, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hello all,

We are headed to the Wind River in Wyoming August 2nd through the 10th.  talking about hiking east from Boulder lake, up the Boulder Canyon Trail to the New Highline Trail, heading north and camping at North Fork Lake.  Its about 12 miles.  From there we are wanting to set up a base camp & do some day hiking & fishing. We are going to be a group of 5 males including my two sons 12 & 16.

Looking for some feedback on camping at North Fork Lake? any other feedback on routes & trails of the area? Good fishing spots? Hiking or peaks?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jari b.

1:18 p.m. on July 28, 2013 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

I can't give you specific information, but I can tell you that you are in for a trip of a life time.  Be ready for some stormy and wet weather, and lots of solitude. Fishing should be good and reliable as a food supply. But the fish don't get very big due to the short growing season. Have fun.

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply