About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Advice for back/day pack

12:58 p.m. on February 7, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Hi. I would be interested in any tips, hints, FYI's that would help in my search for the "perfect" pack (ha).

I've been searching the INTERNET for 2 weeks and all I'm accomplishing is that I know 1) there is more gear out there than I imagined, and 2) I am really getting confused and discouraged. One frustration is that some brands / models just don't provide enough info on their sites.

I will mainly use this pack for travel (air) and some light hicking.

1:08 p.m. on February 7, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

OOOOPS! Advice for back/day pack

Quote:

Hi. I would be interested in any tips, hints, FYI's that would help in my search for the "perfect" pack (ha).

I've been searching the INTERNET for 2 weeks and all I'm accomplishing is that I know 1) there is more gear out there than I imagined, and 2) I am really getting confused and discouraged. One frustration is that some brands / models just don't provide enough info on their sites.

I will mainly use this pack for travel (air) and some light hiking.

OOPs! Hit the wrong button!
PREFERENCES: around 2000 ci capacity
comfy straps
compression straps
(of course, it has to look nice...)
a waist belt
of a size / design that would be airline carry-on OK -- I usually carry my backpack as my "purse" and have NEVER been asked to surrender it
at least 2 main compartments
ideally under 3 lbs.
sized for someone 5'1"
1 or more accessory pockets
I will be carrying my laptop computer in this pack**

** The pack I'm looking for doesn't necessarily have to come "laptop-ready," as I have a padded vault (Eagle Creek), but I do want something that will safely tote a computer.

Thanks
CaseyJr

11:32 p.m. on February 21, 2002 (EST)
8 reviewer rep
68 forum posts
Re: OOOOPS! Advice for back/day pack

Arc'Teryx Bora 30
best pack that size there is
www.arcteryx.com

Don't know if it will fit the lap top.
But with bulky objects you can clip them to the daisy chains for security and "lash" them to the pack with the lidstraps

Barry

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply