Waterproofing Vasque Alpine boots

9:24 p.m. on February 24, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I have been using a sponge on liquid for waterproofing these boots. First a type put out by Vasque and another by Kiwi. Would using Sno-Seal and heating it in adversly effect the leather on these boots? Thanks for any help, Jeff.

10:56 p.m. on February 24, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Don M, Don Morris, Don P. Morris

Quote:

I have been using a sponge on liquid for waterproofing these boots. First a type put out by Vasque and another by Kiwi. Would using Sno-Seal and heating it in adversly effect the leather on these boots? Thanks for any help, Jeff.

From my experience, Sno-Seal would probably work just fine. Just be sure to apply it often, apply it lightly, and be sure that it soaks into the leather and doesn't just build up a coating on the exterior. I wore one pair of Sundowners for about eight years following these principles. When they wore finally wore out, it was the interior construction and the soles that were problems, not the exterior leather.

On a second pair of Sundowners, I went to a liquid - I am not sure that it is as effective than Sno-Seal.

10:57 p.m. on February 24, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

From my experience, Sno-Seal would probably work just fine. Just be sure to apply it often, apply it lightly, and be sure that it soaks into the leather and doesn't just build up a coating on the exterior. I wore one pair of Sundowners for about eight years following these principles. When they wore finally wore out, it was the interior construction and the soles that were problems, not the exterior leather.

On a second pair of Sundowners, I went to a liquid - I am not sure that it is as effective than Sno-Seal.

10:57 p.m. on February 24, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

5:28 a.m. on February 25, 2002 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Vasque Customer Service folks told me to use KIWI Camp Dry (spray on). n/m

n/m

5:53 a.m. on February 26, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Wanted: Vasque Alpine boots <$250?

Sorry about this slightly off-topic posting. I know Campmor is selling it for around $255, but does any one know where I can buy a pair of Alpine GTX (Size 8-8.5, wide, new/used) for less than the MSRP? Thanks

10:03 a.m. on February 26, 2002 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Moosejaw.com has 'em for $239.00. n/m

nm

1:40 p.m. on February 26, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Yes, I just called them, only 30min drive. Thanks

Quote:

nm

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply