Jim S, I need that advice on the piggies , please...

6:16 a.m. on May 10, 2002 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

See post below regarding the six shooter. Going bushwacking tomorrow in piggie land.

6:14 a.m. on May 13, 2002 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Thank you all for the piggie stories posted below.....

Everyone has confirmed my own experiences that the little darlings will flee - unless cornered or forced to defend themself.

I did my duty this Saturday at the state park (laying out another section of new trail) and once again I never saw any piggies, I only saw little piggie footprints. I think one was heading towards the market.

1:01 p.m. on May 14, 2002 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts
My goodness you are persistent

Quote:

Everyone has confirmed my own experiences that the little darlings will flee - unless cornered or forced to defend themself.

A lot of people say the same thing about other dangerous animals. In Big Sur there are huge pigs who have attacked not only campers but vehicles. Perhaps you need some input from people with Javelina experience?
Jim

2:31 p.m. on May 14, 2002 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Huge pigs that attack vehicles? Did we find some really good mushrooms this weekend?

This truly sounds like a movie I may have seen in the past. "Attack of the giant and drunken three pigs". "Honey, I've enlarged Elmer Fudd". "Arnold Ziffel does Dallas - completely"

September 21, 2014
Quick Reply