Pivetta Boots

2:10 a.m. on June 6, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I purchased a pair of Pivetta Alpine style boots in Berkeley, Ca. about 1969. The first time I saw a Vibram sole. Anyway, the boots became a tad tight as I matured and after a small amount of usage I stored them for about twenty five years with stretchers installed. I have recently started using them again. They are still the most heavenly boots I have ever owned (not as instantly luxuriously comfortable as my Meindels, but more dynamic as they contact the trail).

As I am in Tennessee, using them on an hour and a half trek each weekend over dirt and occasional rock is a waste of a good thing, as they are getting scuffed and scratched doing lightweight service.

I am looking for a lighter weight trail version of my current boot. Is Pivetta still in business? In looking for Pivetta Boot Company, I have noticed a number of other Pivetta owners in search of the Company, also desperate to replace their aged boots.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dorian Jones

1:37 a.m. on July 1, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I am another one of those hikers trying to find a source to replace my aging (1975) Pivetta boots and would sure like to know if anyone knows a source for them.

6:50 p.m. on July 1, 2002 (EDT)
17 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Pivetta's are no longer being made. I still wear mine occasionally (purchased in 1975) and have had them repaired/refurbished by:

Dave Page
COBBLER
3509 Evanston Ave North
Seattle, WA 98103
(800) 252-1229

I have replaced them with Limmer's and Vasque's as my preferred stompers these days.

Good luck....

2:08 p.m. on July 26, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Jerry S.

I have a pair, my last of three, Pivetta 8's, great condition, size 43, new soles and midsoles, completely re-done and conditioned by Steve Komito in Estes Park. If you would like to consider purchasing these, let me know.
Jerry Denver, CO

12:24 p.m. on August 14, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

I have a pair, my last of three, Pivetta 8's, great condition, size 43, new soles and midsoles, completely re-done and conditioned by Steve Komito in Estes Park. If you would like to consider purchasing these, let me know.
Jerry Denver, CO

4:13 p.m. on September 1, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I have a spare pair sitting in my closet if someone would like to purchase them. Very good condition, light use. I have two pairs, and my regular pair shows no signs of being retired anytime soon.

Size 10, mens. Uppers and original Vibram soles in very good condition. I can take and send digital photos if you want.

$50, plus shipping. I'm in the Philadelphia area if you want to look at them.

briwasson@aol.com

6:50 p.m. on October 11, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I got my Pivettas in Berkeley around the same time and so liked them that I bought another pair about a year later. By wearing them alternating days, they have held up very well and are still servicable.

9:05 p.m. on October 18, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Anyone have a set of Pivetta "desert boots" style boots? Looking for size 11.

Thx,

JA

6:08 p.m. on November 28, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I too had been looking for a pair of Pivetta's after my 25 year old pair no longer gave the support they should while on the trail. Fortunately I happened across a pair for sale on E-bay. They were new, in the box and my size. By the end of the bidding I was delighted to know that I had a new pair of Pivetta's for $17.28 . When they arrived I put them on, and it was like the boots I'd first put on so many years before... Heaven for the toes.

December 17, 2014
Quick Reply