aqua-mira

8:02 p.m. on July 8, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I purchased some aqua-mira water treatment (ya know, the two small bottles)after talking with a friend who raved about it. After I got it home, and read the fine print, I discovered it "kills odor causing bacteria". No where does the label state that it kills giardia or the other one (cystosomething). Seems to me that if it killed giardia, the label would brag about it. Would like to hear from anybody who's used it (especially those that have used it and gotten sick!!!). Thanks.

1:41 p.m. on July 9, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Go to: http://windupradio.com/Pristine/
and clicks "How it works". There are also info on ClO2 if you do a web search on this topic. Pristine and AM are 2 of the same.

I have a friend who pre-mixes A and B for up to 24 hrs, and simply uses this preactivated mixture for water treatment during adventure racings. His measurment of effectiveness is "I haven't got sick yet!" 2nd-hand info, try this at your own risk!

9:34 a.m. on July 17, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I've been using it for a couple of years and never been sick. My water has been from mostly alpine lakes or snowpack though.

Quote:

I purchased some aqua-mira water treatment (ya know, the two small bottles)after talking with a friend who raved about it. After I got it home, and read the fine print, I discovered it "kills odor causing bacteria". No where does the label state that it kills giardia or the other one (cystosomething). Seems to me that if it killed giardia, the label would brag about it. Would like to hear from anybody who's used it (especially those that have used it and gotten sick!!!). Thanks.

7:53 p.m. on July 18, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Just got back from a 28 day NOLS course in the Wind Rivers. We used Aqua Mira to purify all of our water. It worked great. Does not leave a taste in the water like iodine. Neither I nor the 14 other people on my trip got sick. If NOLS uses Aqua Mira I am sure it kills Giardia cause I doubt they would want to be liable if someone got sick.

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply