10 Man Eddie Bauer Tent

7:46 p.m. on July 24, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I read the review of Eddie Bauer's 10 person, four room family tent. Pretty bad reviews however, on Amazon.com there are 15 reviews, almost all good to great. Amazon.com rates the tent 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

I'm considering purchasing, but having second thoughts given the reviews on trailsapce.com

Anyone out there have the tent and if so, what do you think? Target has it on sale this week for about $160.00

3:45 p.m. on July 26, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

That's a fine tent if you're family camping in perfect, sunny weather. However, if you're backpacking, going to be exposed to the elements you'll want something more sturdy. Also having such a huge tent means it weighs a ton. If you want to carry that backpacking, have fun! It's a bit heavy. It all depends on what you're doing with it. If you are a serious backpacker, you'd probably give it horrible reviews. If you were a car camper with a family and only went camping when the weather was good, you'd love it. To learn more about tents, check out http://gorp.com/gorp/gear/features/tents.htm - that's a good place to start. Keep in mind that you pay for what you get. If you buy a 10 person, 4-room tent, chances are that if it rains, you'll all be sleeping in the car instead!

Quote:

I read the review of Eddie Bauer's 10 person, four room family tent. Pretty bad reviews however, on Amazon.com there are 15 reviews, almost all good to great. Amazon.com rates the tent 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

I'm considering purchasing, but having second thoughts given the reviews on trailsapce.com

Anyone out there have the tent and if so, what do you think? Target has it on sale this week for about $160.00

4:30 p.m. on July 26, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Thanks sherpakid. You're definitely correct, this tent is a whale! It weighs a ton, but that's okay because my intent is to only use this tent when we car camp, and only in the summer months. My only concern was the weatherability and how well it stood up in rain showers. I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and chances are that we encounter rain showers on longweekends. I plan on always pitching the tent under a tarp so hopefully the tent will stay dry. We outgrew a great dome tent that could withstand downpours. Thanks again for the feedback.

I'd love to hear from others who have purchased and used this tent.

Brad.

Quote:

That's a fine tent if you're family camping in perfect, sunny weather. However, if you're backpacking, going to be exposed to the elements you'll want something more sturdy. Also having such a huge tent means it weighs a ton. If you want to carry that backpacking, have fun! It's a bit heavy. It all depends on what you're doing with it. If you are a serious backpacker, you'd probably give it horrible reviews. If you were a car camper with a family and only went camping when the weather was good, you'd love it. To learn more about tents, check out http://gorp.com/gorp/gear/features/tents.htm - that's a good place to start. Keep in mind that you pay for what you get. If you buy a 10 person, 4-room tent, chances are that if it rains, you'll all be sleeping in the car instead!

Quote:

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply