Light Pack

10:44 p.m. on January 7, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Calvin, Devon, Dominick, mporco

I am looking for a light, yet comfortable, pack for ultralight backpacking and trail running. I have looked at Golite's Speed and Gust and at Dana's Racer X. Any suggestions?

11:08 a.m. on January 8, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Also Include Mountainsmith Ghost in your list. NM

NM

11:08 a.m. on January 8, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Also Include Mountainsmith Ghost in your list. NM

NM

1:41 p.m. on January 8, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

don't rule our wild things either.
www.wildthingsgear.com

9:40 a.m. on January 9, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Johnny C
ULA backpacks

Quote:

NM

Take a look at ULA P 1 & P 2 backpacks:
www.ula-equipment.com
You can also check out this gear test site:
www.backpackgeartest.org

8:07 a.m. on January 11, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Calvin, Devon, Dominick, mporco
Re: ULA backpacks

Quote:

Quote:

NM

www.ula-equipment.com
www.backpackgeartest.org

I checked out the ULA website-they look like great packs! I am very interested in the P2 but I hate buying things without trying them out first. Have you had an experience with ULA packs?

9:53 a.m. on January 11, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Johnny C
Re: ULA backpacks

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NM

www.ula-equipment.com
www.backpackgeartest.org

I checked out the ULA website-they look like great packs! I am very interested in the P2 but I hate buying things without trying them out first. Have you had an experience with ULA packs?

I am thinking about ordering one.I met someone on a trail in the Sierras last summer who had one. It looked like a pretty nice pack. We wear about the same size pack and I tried it on. It seemed pretty comfortable with about 30 lbs.He said he really like it. He had the Spectra upgrade, top pocket, mesh back pocket and hip-belt pockets on his.They seem like worht while features.

4:28 p.m. on March 21, 2003 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts
Re: ULA backpacks...also Kelty Flite 4500

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NM

www.ula-equipment.com
www.backpackgeartest.org

I am thinking about ordering one.I met someone on a trail in the Sierras last summer who had one. It looked like a pretty nice pack. We wear about the same size pack and I tried it on. It seemed pretty comfortable with about 30 lbs.He said he really like it. He had the Spectra upgrade, top pocket, mesh back pocket and hip-belt pockets on his.They seem like worht while features.

4:32 p.m. on March 21, 2003 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts
Re: ULA backpacks...also Kelty Flite 4500

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NM

www.ula-equipment.com
www.backpackgeartest.org

I bought a Kelty Flight (or Flite)4500 and have used it for two years. It is similar to the ULA, but ilo the mesh pockets has zippered removeable pockets for the side of the pack. I've carried loads up to 30 pounds comfortably. I removed most of the yellow D-rings but kept the top lid, and two side pockets and it weighs about 2.5 pounds. Unfortunately, Kelty has discontinued this pack, but if you look around you may be able to find them new and heavily discounted. I paid $125 for mine. It retailed originally for about $250.

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply