Opinions on WM Iroquois?

6:40 p.m. on April 2, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new summer sleeping bag, and I've got my eye on the Western Mountaineering Iroquois. Anyone used this bag? What are your experiences? I already have another WM so I know they are stellar bags, just want to know if the Iroquois would be good for summer in the Apps.

thanks,

Skyeward

10:40 a.m. on April 3, 2003 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts
WM Iroquois - great bag

Quote:

I'm looking for a new summer sleeping bag, and I've got my eye on the Western Mountaineering Iroquois. Anyone used this bag? What are your experiences? I already have another WM so I know they are stellar bags, just want to know if the Iroquois would be good for summer in the Apps.

Well I use one in the Sierras in the summer. I mostly just cover up with it like a blanket and wear some light fleece. I have slept in it at freezing and it was ok with some extra insulation. At 24 ounces it is an awesome summe bag.
Jim S

11:35 a.m. on April 3, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Ian
Re: WM Iroquois - great bag

I used to have one, then I sold it to get the WM Megalite, anyway, it's an awesome bag, you will not go wrong with Western Mountaineering. Eventhough WM stop making this bag, they replaced it with the Caribou which has a wider girth.

6:50 p.m. on April 3, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. scott

i have this bag and it's great. you can find them on sale right now since wm is discontinuing them. they're a bit on the slim side, but i can fit my ass in it... so it's not too bad. also, down compresses and has a lot of 'give' to it. it's super-light and a great summer bag.

10:15 p.m. on April 3, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Ordered it today...

thanks for the comments everyone. I ordered the bag today from Backcountrygear for $159! At that price, and with the reviews I've seen I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to add to my Western Mountaineering arsenal.(and chuck that old TNF bag!)

Thanks again,

Skyeward

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply