Eureka! Mountain Pass 1XT tent reviews?

9:05 a.m. on July 9, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

saw this tent was on sale at Campmor for $120. I have been looking for a well ventilated, easy to set up tent.

Anyone use this tent and willing to offer their comments?

8:10 p.m. on July 10, 2003 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

Quote:

saw this tent was on sale at Campmor for $120. I have been looking for a well ventilated, easy to set up tent.

Anyone use this tent and willing to offer their comments?

Heck Ed
I'll comment and I don't even own one. First off its sort of heavy and too small to hang your hammock in.(;->)
Its nice that the roof vent has a cover that zips over it, but I would not refer to this tent as well ventilated. Even with two vestibules sort of open and both sides doors open and the roof open it wouldn't vent well enough to be inside it down wher ya'll are from, not even when the wind was beam on.

Lookin at the other tents in that catalog - if what ya want is well vented and cheap look at the Eureka Apex 2A - heck there's even a $30 rebate on em. It seems to have larger doors and less enclosing of vestibule.

How about moving up to a Sierra Designs Meteor light CD or a Light year CD?
Just don't cook no chittlins in it (;->) or the bears will tear it apart.
Jim S

5:06 p.m. on July 16, 2003 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts
Marmot Zoom

Hey Ed,
Check out the Marmot Zoom on ebay - why not get a really good tent for the same money - one with great venting. Interesting that the pole and screen mesh design is identical to my old Eureka Skylight tent - which I love for Summer camping in hot buggy places. It has enough nylon on the bottom that the girls will change in it as it affords atleast a bit of privacy.
JIm S

3:55 p.m. on July 18, 2003 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,240 forum posts
Thanks Jim!

I did check out the tent. I like it, but it is a pound heavier and since I do not purchase via ebay, it is also more than $100 more then the Eureka!

thanks again for the tip. I appreciate it.

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply