have you seen this tent before?

5:17 p.m. on January 30, 2005 (EST)
(Guest)

A friend of mine bought a tent at Unclaimed Baggage here in Alabama. He thought it was a dome tent and bought it in the bag for $35. When he finally took it out he found that it is a much bigger tent and by a company we had never heard of (Mountain Quest). Has anyone seen this tent before or heard of the company?

Pictures are here:

http://dangerjudy.smugmug.com/gallery/360188/1/14314282

10:55 p.m. on February 7, 2005 (EST)
6 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

Have seen similar ones on Ebay that come from the UK and Australia. How has it done for stability and weathering the storms? Happy Camping.

8:43 a.m. on February 10, 2005 (EST)
(Guest)

It seems like a good sturdy tent, definitely a three-season though, it's not heavy-duty. The inner tent body is mesh and we discussed how having a dog in the vestibule would probably mean the dog would tear the tent body with his claws.
The footprint is huge. I'd love to have it for car camping with the big vestibule. He takes it backpacking.

10:24 a.m. on February 19, 2005 (EST)
(Guest)

Looks like a standard 4-season tunnel tent we used in the UK. Though I've not heard of Meountian quest, with the floored vestibule as part of the tent it wouls definitely be four season and tunnels are the lightest (usually) 4-season tents you can get.
Cheerio

November 24, 2017
Quick Reply