Ledge sleeping bags

7:35 p.m. on January 22, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Brendan

I am looking for a light wieght very compressible sleeping bag on a tight budget (College student). While researching sleeping bags I noticed the Ledge brand Featherlite sythetic bags. They are very light and small acording to their website. But i am leery of the very low price. Has anyone had any expierience with these bags?

A link to a site selling them for $80 http://www.nwbackpack.com/ledge_sports_featherlite_mummy_sleeping_bag-40%C2%B0_20%C2%B0_0%C2%B0.php

another selling them for $35 http://www.experiential-gear.com/catalog.php?type=product&id=45393

2:01 a.m. on January 23, 2006 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I think they are actually part of NEBO Sports.

I like my NEBO Sequoia +20 bag so I trust their Ledge line would be pretty good too.

My advice: get the bag.

10:48 a.m. on January 23, 2006 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

Here is the link for my bag and btw they also sell your Ledge bag: http://www.moosineer.com/MooseMain.asp?Option=Detail&ID=Sequoia+%2B20+Sleeping+Bag

7:45 p.m. on January 29, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

Great bags. Amazing price, I know, but these are used in wilderness therapy programs in Utah. You won't be dissapointed.

3:04 p.m. on February 17, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

Be wary of prices so low like the ledge bag. Most likely it is not a current model or the company has to get rid of it somehow. OR, it is a price error on the page. $35 for Ledge is pretty low, even for a wholesale price.

3:11 p.m. on February 17, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

I did take a chance on the 80 dollar bag from NW Backpack and am glad I did. It was all that I had hoped for. Whew!

5:12 p.m. on February 17, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

Yeah, nwbackpack.com seems to have good prices. I have started to see them pop up more when I am looking around for gear and their prices are very competitive.

3:20 a.m. on February 24, 2006 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

Its really too bad they do not make them in a long size or else I would purchase one. They look like good bags if you ask me. 84 inches is too short for my 6'1" frame. :(

12:39 a.m. on March 21, 2006 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

Stratman, I just purchased a Ledge River mummy bag for a friend of mine here in Wisconsin. It cost me $30.77. The bag is very well made. Worth twice or three times as much if you ask me.

6:38 p.m. on April 23, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

I don’t know about the ledge sleeping bags but I own a North Face Blaze 3D that I bought for $75 at sierra trading post and I love it right now sierra trading post has several good sleeping bags for great prices but I think you mentioned light and there not 4lbs plus rei outlet has a rei brand sleeping bag that is down for about $100 the have the long short and regular

1:49 p.m. on April 28, 2006 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I would purchase a Ledge brand bag. I have too many bags though (7 as of date).

If I needed a mummy a Ledge River model would be the bag I would purchase. Great quality and the prices can't be beat!

October 21, 2014
Quick Reply