Boot inserts

2:09 p.m. on May 10, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

Can anyone recommend a good boot insert. I bought a pair of Montrail Torre GTX boots a couple of weeks ago, and have been slowly breaking them in taking short hikes/walks around the neighborhood. They fit and feel good, but the insole could stand a little more cushion. I'm a size 11 (regular width)

8:36 p.m. on May 10, 2006 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,251 forum posts

I use Superfeet myself, and recommend them. Get the green hiking ones. There are a couple of other good brands, but I have settled on the Superfeet. The ones you get in the drugstore (Dr Scholl's, for example) aren't very good for hiking.

6:20 a.m. on May 11, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
96 forum posts

What Bill said… Superfeet are the way to go. You’ll also may find yourself buying them for all of your other shoes shortly after getting them for you boots. I did.

ag

8:32 a.m. on May 11, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

Thanks, I will check them out.

1:03 a.m. on May 21, 2006 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Superfeet for sure! Best thing I ever did for my feet!

11:05 a.m. on May 21, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

Reg the Superfeet, they do feel good especially w/a heavy backpack - BUT they may change the fit of your boots. I tried them in my leather Lowa's which fit just right with the standard thin insole, and they were too thick even with the laces loosened up. These are best for large-volume boots, and/or when you need to take up some space.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply