About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Jump Back

8:10 p.m. on March 27, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
148 forum posts

I had just started down the backside of a rather small mountain in the Charons Wilderness. Rounded a large juniper and found myself face to face with an animal I have a great deal of respect for. He can run 45 mph and slightly outweighs me.

It took all of 2 seconds to find myself safely on top a a boulder I was confident he wouldn't climb. After a few minutes it was obvious he could care less I was there and let me move on.

Had my heart in my throat for a few seconds. As a teenager I saw a bull in his prime almost kill a photographer that got too close.

randy

8:10 a.m. on March 29, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,910 forum posts

Wow, that's quite a close-up, Randy. I bet you had quite the adrenaline rush.

10:36 a.m. on March 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Amazing photos! Never knew bison could run that fast.

12:04 p.m. on March 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
148 forum posts

Wow, that's quite a close-up, Randy. I bet you had quite the adrenaline rush.

It definitely made me focus on being more conscious of my immediate surroundings.

Amazing photos! Never knew bison could run that fast.

Thanks. The 45 was a number a ranger gave me when we were taking about the safest way to approach and photograph bison. I've found you have to be flexible. They seems to be a very broad range of temperaments.

randy

9:11 p.m. on March 29, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
95 forum posts

Great shots. Thanks for sharing!

April 17, 2014
Quick Reply