Dead boars

1:54 p.m. on August 2, 2011 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I found an english report about this on yahoo. Boars are dying along the beaches in France. A human also died in this area from the seaweed in the past. Another report has come out that the autopsy shows that the seaweed is not to blame. So, a mystery. I hope that humans  are not the mystery. Germany throws a lot of boar meat away yearly due to radiation levels. Radiation originates from Chernobyl (spelling?) which occured in 1986 I believe. I understand Europe will have to deal with this for oh....20,000 years! The radiation in ground pollutes the mushrooms, which the boars eat, thus going up the food chain to include humans. Also, we have to be careful of the mushrooms we pick in the woods too. Scary thought and something hunters and hikers need to be aware of over here. Very sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-boars-found-dead-french-beach-101401978.html

5:08 p.m. on August 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Perhaps the hunters and hikers will glow in the dark ... an eery greenish tint;  thusly  avoiding some tragic "hunting accidents".

Always a positive to be found in every negative circumstance.

~r2~

10:16 a.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,214 forum posts

Robert said:

Perhaps the hunters and hikers will glow in the dark ... an eery greenish tint;  thusly  avoiding some tragic "hunting accidents".

Makes me think about after hiking in the Grand Canyon for many years, then below an old uranium mine (the Orphan Mine) the creek water in Horn Canyon was found to be contaminated. Signs now say not to drink the water.I had drank from this creek many times on cross canyon hikes over 20 years.

I thought "Well, the Big Horn Sheep and Mule Deer are'nt glowing yet. and they have been drinking the water long after the mines opened in the late 1800s".

GRCA-Orphan_Mine_cogdogblog_via_Flickr.j

Orphan Mine South Rim Grand Canyon

Horn-Creek-Camp-GCNP.jpg

Horn Creek Camp directly below the Orphan Mine

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply