Two burner camp stove with poor low flame burner adjustment

11:03 p.m. on September 28, 2011 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

I've used my Brinkman two burner s/s stove twice and I'm ready to put it in the garage sale.  It has no low heat adjustment.

When it's lit, you can't simmer anything.  The flame is immediately on high and you can't adjust it any lower or it goes out.

Suggestions for a fix?

Anyone familiar with Brinkman?  Will they stand behind their product?

Is there a way to adjust the regulator for more control?

Should I just get rid of it and buy a different stove?

If so, any recommendations?

3:15 p.m. on September 29, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

Coleman.  Got the cheap Walmart propane version for car camping.  It puts out more significantly more heat and simmers better than the 30" natural gas range we have.  So what if you have to light it?

8:22 p.m. on September 29, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I dont know about Brinkman stoves, but it never hurts to try their customer service and atleast give them a chance to do right.

If your looking to replace it then most definitely go with the good old reliable Coleman 2 burner. You can get em cheap and they'll take a beating and last for years. My current Coleman Ive had for aprx. 15 yrs. and its lived most of its life riding around in the back of my pick up trucks getting banged around and dirty. It may not be pretty but it still works great.

12:57 p.m. on October 16, 2011 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Received the regulator last week.  

The problem is not with the regulator, but with the knobs on the stove.  The right hand knob seems to spring to full on with high flame and can't be turned to a low setting allowing me to simmer food.  It either springs back to full on or goes out when I try to adjust it to a low flame.

Waiting to hear back from brinkman.  Are there any adjustments that can be made to the knobs.

New Coleman stoves don't look to be all they are cracked u to be.  Maybe just looking at too cheap a model.  Any specific recommendations for stoves?

3:46 p.m. on October 16, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

@ jerryo:  I had a Brinkman just like that along time ago and got rid of it for that very reason at a garage sale.  There are many good quality stoves out there that can be had on the cheap.   The first thing I would do is go to Gear Reviews section here at Trailspace and do a little reading on stoves.  Once you've pick out the model(s) you think you might be interested in based on reviews you can then see if anyone here has used any of them.  I have no less than ten stoves from tiny single burner stoves to larger 3 burner stoves.  I even have a large Morrone with a cast iron pot that packs a whopping 170,000 btu's  for those moments when I'm so hungry that I can eat a horse or a moose and do.  Many stoves for many purposes.  Once you find the stove(s) your shure you want,  you will usually be able to find them for much cheaper on Craigslist and Ebay than at your local store.  One more suggestion, you might want to not double post the same thing in two seperate fourms as that's generally frowned upon here.  You'll usually get a quick responce  regardless of where you post.  Oh yea and welcome to Trailspace.

Remember, with most "new" products you generaly get what you pay for in quality, materials, and customer service. IMHO

1:32 p.m. on October 17, 2011 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
168 forum posts

Best place for this kind of information is the Classic Camp Stoves website:

http://www.spiritburner.com

Someone there probably has three versions of the Brinkman and has solved the same problem.

September 17, 2014
Quick Reply