Hey folks!

9:06 p.m. on June 28, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Hey everyone! I'm Scot. I grew up in the woods of east TX and we spent lots of time camping and boating and such. When my Dad passed away in '94 I got into drag racing { street racing actually) and devoted every spare second to keeping my car competitive. Well over the past couple years I've had nothing but bad luck with it and after a catasrtophic fire last year I decided I'M FINISHED!!!!!! I wanna get back in the woods so I'm selling hot rod parts and buying backpacking gear! Glad I found this site, It seems to be full of useful info for us NOOBs!

9:25 p.m. on June 28, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Hey Scot, welcome to Trailspace. 

Great to have ya aboard. If ya have any questions please by all means feel free to fire away. 

The folks here are really great people(well at least everyone except for me. ;)

Happy hiking-Rick

12:22 p.m. on June 29, 2012 (EDT)
1,357 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Hi, Scot. The pace of camping and hiking is usually a bit more relaxed than you'd find in the world of street-racing, but they can have their moments of excitement, too.

Welcome to the forum.

1:11 p.m. on June 29, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Thanks guys! I found a 26 mile trail that skirts Georgetown Lake down here near Austin that I think I'm gonna go check out this weekend. I don't have all the gear I need for extended treks yet but this one should just be an overnighter so it should be GREAT!

Thanks again for the warm welcoms

1:23 p.m. on June 29, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Scot, by all means feel free to take some pics and share your adventures. :)

We would all love to see your travels regardless of how short or long they might be. 

There is alot of country left out there that many of us have yet to see. I personally would love to see the stomping grounds down your way. 

2:15 p.m. on June 29, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

The Austin area is beautiful! I went to college here in 97-98 and I just moved back last month and now that I'm back I don't know why I ever left! I will definitely take lots of pics

2:18 p.m. on June 29, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

scot78 said:

The Austin area is beautiful! I went to college here in 97-98 and I just moved back last month and now that I'm back I don't know why I ever left! I will definitely take lots of pics

Cool, thanks for the hook-up Scot. I will definitely be looking forward to seeing them as I am am sure others will be as well. 

7:18 p.m. on June 29, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Glad to see you.

12:01 a.m. on June 30, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

I'll be glad to have something other than that stupid racecar as my profile pic! Anybody wanna buy any '08 corvette Z06 parts??????? Thanks for the warm welcome! I have the majority of my gear so I'm thinkin' about going to get fitted for a pack this weekend :)

8:22 a.m. on June 30, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,485 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace scot78,

Anything we can do to help out, just let us know.

Mike G.

8:40 a.m. on June 30, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

GREAT to have you here Scot! Looking forward to trip reports and pics. Will be fun to watch you go from speed racer to yogi bear in real time!

2:27 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace, Scott!

8:02 p.m. on July 1, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

We did a little hiking along bull creek yesterday and I gotta say the water was so low it was kinda depressing! I've always been a water bug, enjoy jumping off of cliffs into water. We go to Oklahoma every year to camp & float down the Illinois river on memorial day weekend. According to the park ranger lake Travis is 26 feet low!

2:57 p.m. on July 4, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
126 forum posts

scot,is that a sunfire!

5:09 p.m. on July 4, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

Hi Scot, welcome.  As I get older, I wanna go fast still, but I bp all year round here in Kalifornia, not much snow this year.  Get out there.

Duane

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply