McAfee Knob- Completed.

6:58 p.m. on June 3, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

Thanks everybody for the advice- went to McAfee Knob and thought it was pretty hard/for me. I think the only thing I caught was the 'AT bug"/ want to see MORE!!!! It was fun. Saw a big black snake about 3 inches from my feet on the trail. Felt so good being out 'there'. HMMM... what's next?-PEACE-RANDY.
400-500-428.jpg

8:32 p.m. on June 3, 2013 (EDT)
59 reviewer rep
270 forum posts

Well done! Your picture indicates you had lovely weather for it, too. Look at those little fluffy clouds!

Time to get out the maps and guidebooks and start planning the next one. Mind the snakes!

11:17 p.m. on June 3, 2013 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Congrats!!! Well Done!!!Hope you had agreat time while hiking to the overlook..

11:35 p.m. on June 3, 2013 (EDT)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER REVIEW CORPS
899 reviewer rep
133 forum posts

cleanse->dream->repeat!!!

10:07 a.m. on June 4, 2013 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,570 reviewer rep
334 forum posts

I am glad you enjoyed McAfee. It is awesome! If you are looking for some other epic AT scenes in the south/central region, I suggest Roan Highlands (NC/TN border), Grayson Highlands (SW Virginia), Max Patch Bald (NC), Blackrock (Southern Shenandoah), and Humpback Rocks (just off the AT very close to the Rockfish entrance of Shenandoah. I've done trip reports on all of them if you would like to see pictures. 

6:06 p.m. on June 4, 2013 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Randy you should consider section hiking the trail...

9:49 p.m. on June 4, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

'denis'- You are right/been thinking about that for a while- EX= Where I grew up my parents land went into the State Park/Raccoon Creek/PA- 44 miles of hiking trails exist- printed a topo map have been highlighting 'sections'. To make sure I 'HAVE' completed all the trails I 'think I have". Ashleigh thanks for  the input-PEACE-RANDY.

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply