Adjusting torso on Lowe pack with APS3 system

8:43 p.m. on July 10, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Hello, although a new member just wanted to say first that I have learned a lot here already as a guest. I have searched for an answer to this problem here and all over without success and hope someone here may be able to help. I recently bought a Lowe contour classic 90+15 at a garage sale and plan on using it for about a 3 day trip next month and although I have learned to adjust all the straps I have been unable find info on adjusting the APS 3 torso system. Info about the newer TFX is everywhere but this system has only been mentioned in passing. Please help, thanks Rob

10:39 p.m. on July 10, 2013 (EDT)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER REVIEW CORPS
914 reviewer rep
143 forum posts

http://www.goaao.com/PDF/Lowe-Packs-wkbk06.pdf

I happen to own a Lowe Alpine 65 pack, circa 2008-ish. My pack is similar to what's listed above, but not identical. On the right of the pages, there is a color-code depending on one's torso measurement... With my pack, you pull the lumbar pad out, which is tucked in at the top & then adjust the nylon strap to the color-coded stripe on it. 

Hope this helps?

4:15 p.m. on July 15, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Thanks for the info and link, it really helped. My pack is a little different but I was able to use the link to piece it together, now it fits like a champ. Thanks again.

August 27, 2014
Quick Reply