About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Ask a Bear questions?

8:46 p.m. on July 30, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts
6:31 a.m. on July 31, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts
2:35 p.m. on July 31, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

Actually I just took a quick scoot on my scooter through Larkspur, were the vid was taken. Seems bears and mnt lions are very thick in the area this year and the past couple as well.

11:40 a.m. on August 1, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Actually I just took a quick scoot on my scooter through Larkspur, were the vid was taken. Seems bears and mnt lions are very thick in the area this year and the past couple as well.

Is there a explanation for all the bears & lion activity?

Do you think there is an increase in population or just visible activity?

In my area we have a heavy population of black bears and some years there are behavior changes that are driven by a change in the food source, amount of rainfall, etc. I've always found the subject interesting.

The video is impressive, I wonder if his (or my) insurance covers that type of damage? I probably should find out.

12:39 p.m. on August 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

noddlehead said:

Is there a explanation for all the bears & lion activity?

Do you think there is an increase in population or just visible activity?

In my area we have a heavy population of black bears and some years there are behavior changes that are driven by a change in the food source, amount of rainfall, etc. I've always found the subject interesting.

Not sure. But there is no hunting here so I am sure that both predations as well as perdition will continue despite human occupation. Lots of land in the pic not occupied by humans.

2:14 p.m. on August 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

I was wondering if the interior is fixable, or if a bear could beat it up bad enough to make it structurally unsafe. Minus a fire it would seem fixable at a glance.

After all that car cost more than 20k and I can't imagine replacing seats, dash and the roof liner costing that much.

9:12 p.m. on August 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

Guess it is up to his insurance company...... Would not like to have the poop stains on my seat though........ I have enough of my own and after a while bleach just does not cut it.

11:10 p.m. on August 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

I need more ladies in lingerie in my photos.......... need to work on that.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply