Titanium Cookware

12:33 p.m. on July 11, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Steve

Looking for some feedback on TI cookware. At this point, I'm considering a 1-1.5L pot and lid only.

Any suggestions on brands?

Evernew has a 1.3L pot and lid that is coated. Any comments on this?

9:02 p.m. on July 11, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Jason Phelps

I'm using a MSR titanium kettle, which is only .85L and has a lid w/ a vent hole and a built in handle so not pot grabber to lose. Perfect for boiling water or cooking pasta, but no frying or anything. A fuel canister for my Pocket Rocket fits right inside. I had a 2 liter TI pot but it didn't hold up (too thin for it's diameter) Hope this helps.

Quote:

Looking for some feedback on TI cookware. At this point, I'm considering a 1-1.5L pot and lid only.

Any suggestions on brands?

1:05 a.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

Evernew is about the best brand for the money right now. As far as I know just about all of their stuff is nonstick coated, which is good, because everything sticks to warm titanium, even water. Evernew also makes a 1 litre kettle, great for boiling water because it has a pour spout, and it's cheaper. If all you want to do is boil water, you might check it out. It's on my "gonna get it" list.

The MSR stuff works, but is not coated. Considering it costs just as much as comparable Evernew that IS coated, I would get the Evernew.

Stay far, far away from Snowpeak!! they make some good stuff (stove and lantern kick butt!!), but their service is absolutely crappy. If you ever have a problem with any of their stuff, you are pretty well screwed. I've been lucky so far...

5:53 a.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

hard anodized cookware

Anyone tried the hard anodized aluminum cookware? I was thinking about getting GSI's set of it...

9:10 a.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Patsy Cannon
Re: hard anodized cookware

I just got a set, but I haven't had a chance to get out and use it yet. Backpacker magazine (April 2001? issue) had a review that was very favorable, but I am waiting to see for myself.

11:11 p.m. on July 12, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: hard anodized cookware

I was tempted to get it when I saw it...The hard Anodize on the GSI set looks like it's done well, very thick looking coating. Looks like it might be pretty tough. I'm waiting for some "Gourmet Gear Testers" to try it first : )

12:36 p.m. on September 28, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

I just discovered a problem with the Evernew Titanium cookware. It is susceptable to heat. I cooked one meal in my cookware and the pot is burned. I boiled water for about 5 minutes on a coleman butane stove and this $40 pot is ruined. I hope REI will take it back!

Quote:

Quote:

Evernew is about the best brand for the money right now. As far as I know just about all of their stuff is nonstick coated, which is good, because everything sticks to warm titanium, even water. Evernew also makes a 1 litre kettle, great for boiling water because it has a pour spout, and it's cheaper. If all you want to do is boil water, you might check it out. It's on my "gonna get it" list.

The MSR stuff works, but is not coated. Considering it costs just as much as comparable Evernew that IS coated, I would get the Evernew.

Stay far, far away from Snowpeak!! they make some good stuff (stove and lantern kick butt!!), but their service is absolutely crappy. If you ever have a problem with any of their stuff, you are pretty well screwed. I've been lucky so far...

September 18, 2014
Quick Reply