BRS11 Imported Stove From China

7:42 p.m. on November 13, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

The stove arrived today after an 11 day wait. It cost a total of $29.00 delivered. I'm happy to report it was much more than I expected. At just under 8oz it is very sturdy and the perfect size for IMUSA 320z Grease Pot. With cold tap water and full tilt burner it boiled in a hair above 3 minutes. With the fuel line being preheated it had no problem running the fuel canister inverted (For Very Cold Weather). No I do not work for the company, I'm a very economic Dad/Mr. Mom/Scout Leader that just got told he can no longer use his soda can alcohol stove at scouts and did alot of research in what he wanted. The jury is still out in my eye for reliability but so far so good. It is a very stable stove using an "acceptable" fuel source for Boy Scouts. I'm really hoping the valve stays consistent. So far it is very easy to adjust between low and full on rocket burner.

10:06 a.m. on November 14, 2012 (EST)
73 reviewer rep
31 forum posts

I have been looking at these stoves and other fron china. i don't trust thier metals yet. i know most are made from fire maple or a sister factory that know just as numbers . i have seen the straight vertical that are similar to the pocket rocket at around 9 bucks. they have a all fuel for around 70 to 80. i also am a scout leader in a low income area. the rules in scouts are u can only use fuel in manufacture stoves designed for that fuel. basically they dont want modified or homemade stove lantern and such. vargo makes a super lite titanium stove for alcohol. designed and manufatured for alcohol. they start around 28 bucks (wt is about 1 oz). academy sports has a butane for about 20 bucks. it like the pocket rocket. it about 4.3 oz. no limit compact butane stove. that is the stove on a canister. my scout are hard on equipment.they havent this one up yet! we get a lot on craigslist . or clearence online dicks or the like. amazon is a good source to
IMG_0058-1-.jpg
i would just be causious of over heating (turning into a fireball) or windscreen to close reflecting heat back on the stove itself.keep me up dated on this stove i've been very interested in how it works out for you. 

3:32 p.m. on November 14, 2012 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

looks like a pocket rocket knockoff. the only thing I would be concerned with is the quality of the valve. it is a good idea not to use a windscreen with this stove. the fuel canister can overheat and explode.

6:14 p.m. on November 14, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

I will keep you posted. I'm taking it out this weekend on one of our regular camping trips.

8:06 p.m. on November 14, 2012 (EST)
121 reviewer rep
291 forum posts

For just several dollars more you could've picked up a Snow Peak Gigapower. Made in Japan, not Cheaper. Solid as a rock, tried, true & tested. Think I paid $35.- for mine.

7:23 a.m. on November 15, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

That is true but I wanted the stove with a lower center of gravity with the kids around and ability to use a regular wind screen. 90% of out trips are only the weekend and relatively close to civilization. I will more than likely get an MSR pocket rocket for back up.

8:46 a.m. on November 15, 2012 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

lanadwodny0921 said:

That is true but I wanted the stove with a lower center of gravity with the kids around and ability to use a regular wind screen. 

lanadwodnyo921, you could always incorporate a canister stand into the mix if you have stability concerns with children.

Here is one from MSR but there are quite a few companies that produce them. 

7:41 p.m. on November 15, 2012 (EST)
329 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I have bought a lot of stuff from China, including a stove. For the most part I've been happy. But, I just got some snow/ice stakes that are very cheap aluminum that will fold easly. It's buyer beware. Some are good some not so. Good luck with the stove. I know the numbers (BRS) and know who made it. And if memory serves me right they make good stuff, it should be good.

2:25 p.m. on November 16, 2012 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

second on the snowpeak gigapower. solid stove. 

September 17, 2014
Quick Reply