Optimus Hiker plus stove

4:26 p.m. on June 25, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I recently bought a stove and the magnets for the valve needle cleaner appear to be out of their intended position if any one could explain the proper way these are in the stove I would appreciate it as there doesnt seem to be a lot of information on this.

3:03 p.m. on June 26, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

I would say send it back to primus. I didn't know they made a stove with magnets. that's why I have a whisperlight and a windpro. completely field serviceable. the primus manuals on the website didn't cover this? that's odd.

4:00 p.m. on June 26, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

Get a neat older 111 that u can use a manual pricker on.  Super btu output stoves.

Duane

9:03 p.m. on June 26, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

What do the instructions say about cleaning the jet?   The magnets would have to move to pull the cleaning needle into position to remove carbon from the jet.  My Nova has a tool with a magnet on one end to lift the needle up to prick the jet, your stove is more automatic.  Maybe post some pics.

Duane

11:14 a.m. on June 27, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
723 reviewer rep
915 forum posts

I've not heard of this happening. How do you know they are out of position? Does the stove not function? Don't send it to Primus, Optimus and Primus are not the same company. Call Shirlene at A & H Enterprises and she should be able to help.

9:52 p.m. on June 28, 2013 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

did I say primus? I meant optimus! my typo...

October 20, 2014
Quick Reply