About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Chicken in a foil pouch?

1:44 p.m. on May 19, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I have read on some other sites that you can get chicken in a foil pouch. Can anyone tell me where? Am I just looking in the wrong place? Wrong store maybe? I have checked our local Super Walmart, as well as other chains like Bi-Lo, and Kroger. I can find tuna in the foil pouch, but no chicken. Any suggestions on where I can get this? I haven't asked any store personel, simply because they normally don't have a clue when I do ask a question.

9:53 a.m. on May 20, 2002 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Last March I asked this same question............

I am way tired of the tuna in the envelope. Would love to find the chicken. I had one response to my post and that was:

"I've read on TT that there are foil packs of chicken&salmon. nm" I never knew what TT was!

Grace, have you seen the pre-cooked bacon in a sealed plastic bag? absolutely no refrigeration required for a sealed bag. Enough bacon in the bag for two sandwiches (with four slices of bacon each). I love the stuff. I carry some mayo in packages, cut open a hoagie roll, throw on the bacon and mayo and there it is - a really tasty sandwich! I'm sure your boys would love it.

3:59 p.m. on May 20, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Where's the bacon?

Hey, Where is the bacon located in the supermarket? I haven't seen that, but yes, my boys would love it. On another site, someone said they got the chicken at Walmart, and another said they found some at Food World (in the south). I haven't found it at our Walmart, and I plan to check out Food World tomorrow. I think I may even ask our local Walmart Supercenter and Bi-Lo Grocery Store if they can order the product. Others on that site said the brand of chicken was Sweet Sue which I have seen in the can, so I would think the store could get the pouches also. Thanks for the bacon info.

6:04 a.m. on May 21, 2002 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Da bacon in "my" supermarket is located.....

in an isle end cap along with the salami, beef sticks and pepperoni. The supermarket is Publix. I have never seen the chicken pouches in any wal-mart super or not. I too live in the south (Orlando) we don't have the Food World stores. I am willing to bet that a manger at Publix could order the stuff.

7:52 a.m. on May 22, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. DJ
Re: Da bacon in "my" supermarket is located.....

Look at this link:
http://www.patrickcudahy.com/retailproducts.html

Quote:

in an isle end cap along with the salami, beef sticks and pepperoni. The supermarket is Publix. I have never seen the chicken pouches in any wal-mart super or not. I too live in the south (Orlando) we don't have the Food World stores. I am willing to bet that a manger at Publix could order the stuff.

1:15 a.m. on May 25, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Last March I asked this same question............

Hey there...sorry about the TT thing. Trail Talk is over at www.thebackpacker.com. I still haven't actually seen any foil packed chicken, but I've read that Wallmart is the place to get it-perhaps they don't all carry it?

6:18 a.m. on May 28, 2002 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Ohhhh, the backpacker. thanks Camel! n/m

nm

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply