About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Caldera Cone Sidewinder

9:07 p.m. on May 31, 2011 (EDT)
285 reviewer rep
273 forum posts

Recently I got a CC Sidewinder with the optional Inferno woodburning insert. This Ti CC stove, unlike the taller Caldera Cones, rolls up and fits in a Tyvek cover and goes inside your matching pot.  Neat!

True the 2 Ti stakes (for woodburning only) and the aluminum alky burner won't fit in but they also take up little room.

I love this stove's efficiency with all three fuels. I'm an ESBIT fan, not an alky fan but having tried both with the Sidewinder I find they both boil faster than other stoves with the same fuels.

For winter the Inferno woodburner saves carrying the weight of a lot of fuel needed for melting snow for water.

Snybody else tried a CC woodburner?

Eric

9:47 p.m. on June 3, 2011 (EDT)
81 reviewer rep
422 forum posts

Haven't tried one, but I've wanted to try one ever since I started hearing about them.

Can you post some "action" shots?

HJ

1:43 a.m. on June 5, 2011 (EDT)
285 reviewer rep
273 forum posts

Take a look at Hendrik Morkel's YouTube video of the Inferno in action. Very good example of teh CC Inferno in action.

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply