About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

FOR SALE REI ARETE ASL 2 3-4 SEASON TENT $175.00

6:30 p.m. on October 3, 2011 (EDT)
114 reviewer rep
48 forum posts

IMG_7334.jpg
IMG_7336.jpg
IMG_7329.jpg

This is a great looking tent.  Check out the reviews and you'll see that is is a great working tent also.  I don't know if it's legal to copy and paste the specs from the REI site so I will just suggest that you go there to check it out as there is a lot to write.  I will tell you this...

screens are in perfect shape

zippers are in perfect shape

tent body is in perfect shape

fly is in great shape (has 3 small stains similar to one shown in photo and an area maybe 1.5" by 1.5"of very small imperfections on fly door. Not sure how they got there.  :o(

poles are in prefect shape

stakes are in perfect shape

guy lines are in perfect shape

stuff sack for tent, poles and stakes are in perfect shape

I am asking $175 or will trade for a winter under-quilt for my Hennessy Hammock.

7:28 p.m. on November 13, 2011 (EST)
114 reviewer rep
48 forum posts

Tent sold on Ebay for $191.51, thanks for looking!

12:42 a.m. on November 14, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Dang, not that I was interested, but that was even faster than I could grab that up!  Guess I need to up my game, Dang..................whoda thought.........

10:41 a.m. on November 14, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

Is the Arete based on a Moss or Walrus design?

11:29 a.m. on November 14, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Alan, I don't know if anyone at REI would actually admit to the Arete being based on a particular tent, BUT it's external design and pole structure is suspiciously "similar" to the (original) Walrus Terramoto design, which was later renamed the Fusion 2 by MSR.

11:40 a.m. on November 14, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

I almost forgot that a few years back a Terramoto 3.0, constructed in the final days of Edgeworks, was sewn with Moss fabric colors and branding(tags), sold  on eBay. This was a 1 of piece that sadly, I was'nt able to bid more than $325 dollars for.

3:44 p.m. on November 14, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

Abman47 I couldn't think of the specific model but I thought the design was familiar.  I do like the general design, I think the tent would set up very solidly.

April 21, 2014
Quick Reply