About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

FS: Nemo Meta 2p $200

2:39 p.m. on October 17, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
778 reviewer rep
474 forum posts

Selling the tent and footprint together.  I have used it three times since owning it.  Here is a link to the Nemo website.  I can include more pictures of the tent at your request, of any part of the tent you request.  Thanks for looking.
DSCN9732.jpg

http://nemoequipment.com/nemo2010-meta2p-tent

7:25 p.m. on October 17, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

Assuming no rips, tears, stains, etc?

Does that price include shipping/tracking?

I've been pondering this tent for a couple of weeks now - can you give me your honest opinion on the pros and cons, how easy to set up, headroom, etc?  

I'm definitely interested.

Thanks in advance,

KD

9:45 p.m. on October 17, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

I'll take second dibs if there are none who tread before me. 

2:31 a.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
778 reviewer rep
474 forum posts

PM's sent to both

11:43 a.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
778 reviewer rep
474 forum posts

Tent is sold

6:01 p.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Nice sale, and a fantastic tent.

7:04 p.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

You guys are too kind for helping reassure my fears and misgivings.  haha

I was trying to explain to Rob just how much of a leap-into-the-future this is for me.  I've been rocking a TNF Tadpole for many years when not using a tarp/hammock setup, and last month in the Adirondacks was the first time I ever used trekking poles for trekking, much less to support a tent.

I'm looking forward to taking this one for an autumn spin.

11:14 p.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

@ oruacat2 : Glad you got the tent.  This is the tent I'm looking at to take on my Thailand trip.  I would be very interested in what you have to say about the tent when you get to using it.  I'm not as interested in the good points as I know it's a good tent.  If you find any short commings I'd be very interested in what you have to say about it and how they could be mitigated.   Have fun with it and please let me(us) know what you think of it. 

1:07 a.m. on October 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

Don't laugh, but one fear is that I'll wake up in a cold sweat having flashbacks from my US Army pup-tent/shelter-half days.   

1:22 a.m. on October 19, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
778 reviewer rep
474 forum posts

I'm no stranger to those shelter halves.  I was in Ft Dix in 1987 and we were on a 5 day bivouac and it snowed on one of those nights.  Fortunately, the guy I was paired up with wasn't a stranger to sleeping outdoors and we had a solid shelter.  Can't say the same for the other guys.  Some had their shelters collapse on them during the night and they woke up cold the next morning.  I have to say, when I first looked at my half, I didn't believe it would work, but it did.  However, that Nemo is highly advanced compared to the canvas shelter half.

4:28 p.m. on October 19, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

apeman said:

@ oruacat2 : Glad you got the tent.  This is the tent I'm looking at to take on my Thailand trip.  I would be very interested in what you have to say about the tent when you get to using it.  I'm not as interested in the good points as I know it's a good tent.  If you find any short commings I'd be very interested in what you have to say about it and how they could be mitigated.   Have fun with it and please let me(us) know what you think of it. 

Apeman,

It looks like a great shelter. I would also consider the Golite Shangri La 2. I have the full system and love the versatility. The meta has 2 much bigger vestibules, but is heavier overall by a half pound. The SL2 can be pitched without the nest or with the floor instead, if you prefer. The Meta has a better holding system for the trekking poles, IMO, although I've not had any problems with my SL2 in that regard. The Meta also appears to have more venting as well. The SL2 allows for pitching without poles (overhead attachments for trees, boulders, etc.) and has many more guyout points (18) than the Meta (6) for harsh conditions. Pros and Cons to both I suppose.  

4:29 p.m. on October 19, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

You can check my SL2 reviews for reference. Get a 2010 version or newer if you decide to buy.

10:31 p.m. on October 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

@ XterroBrando :

Thanks for your suggestion regarding a similar tent in regards to what I'm looking for.  I would put the Golite Shangri La 2 on equal footing with the Nemo Meta 2p except for one thing.  Warranty issues.  As was experienced by a Trailspace member in the link below, all Golite products receive an automatic demerit based on his experiences.  That does not mean I will rule Golite out but given his experiences equal products will win out over Golite because of their inexcusable lack of professionalism in regards to how they handled that situation.  I will go and check out your review, and again thanks for the suggestion.

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/gear-repair/topics/85538.html

9:38 a.m. on October 20, 2011 (EDT)
108 reviewer rep
45 forum posts

Hey Apeman... This fella in Seattle has a Meta2 4 sale...OutdoorGearSwap.com - Posting Detail - Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC)

Euph

3:20 p.m. on October 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

amEuphorbia said:

Hey Apeman... This fella in Seattle has a Meta2 4 sale...OutdoorGearSwap.com - Posting Detail - Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC)

Euph

Thanks Euph,  There's also one on craigslist that I'm checking on.  He wants $225.  I'm waitiing to see if it comes with extras, like the footprint, paw print.  Thanks again and I'll keep an eye on it.  I think he's (outdoorGear guy) asking a bit much at this time of the year for his tent, but as time goes on and no one buy's, it's most likely to go down in price.

6:40 p.m. on October 21, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

apeman said:

@ XterroBrando :

Thanks for your suggestion regarding a similar tent in regards to what I'm looking for.  I would put the Golite Shangri La 2 on equal footing with the Nemo Meta 2p except for one thing.  Warranty issues.  As was experienced by a Trailspace member in the link below, all Golite products receive an automatic demerit based on his experiences.  That does not mean I will rule Golite out but given his experiences equal products will win out over Golite because of their inexcusable lack of professionalism in regards to how they handled that situation.  I will go and check out your review, and again thanks for the suggestion.

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/gear-repair/topics/85538.html

I remember Gary's experience. Unfortunate, as I've had nothing but fantastic customer service, both when I had a clothing failure (minor, only at the cuffs of a jacket sleeve) and when I had questions regarding the product, how to modify, etc. I do believe that once the offending party was reported internally at Golite, they rectified the situation to Gary's satisfaction, including a hefty online gift card, which provided him with a daypack that with which he's been very pleased.

Nemo is pretty darned great all around, however...

Happy tent hunting my friend.

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply