WANTED......!

4:17 p.m. on October 24, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

New to these forums so Howdy! Central Point Oregon man searching to replace his old cook kit. Anyone out there with an Optimus 124 cook kit I'd dearly like to reacquire one. Have not seriously backpacked for 20 years but want to start again. Have my North face Backmagic pack and VE tent. All I need is a cook kit to hit the road. I have my old Svea so please contact me if a 124 kit is available. I know, it's old but then so am I ! Thanks, Chris.

8:45 p.m. on November 26, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

hi chris...

i found this site just by accident..and i see you are looking for a cook kit...my husband used to camp many years ago and we are finally clearing out things we haven't used FOR YEARS!! when i saw your add i told  him that someone is looking for something he has  ....its' a SIGG kit though, ...are you interested in it?  there are 3 pots, 3 lids, 2 dishes, 2 pot holders, all aluminum. and a strap to hold them together. let us know...we will give you a super price! we are from pennsylvania... thanks..anna

8:56 p.m. on November 26, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Hey Moby & dannien, welcome to Trailspace. Very happy to have you all aboard.

I would strongly suggest that you include Optimus 124 after the wanted. You will probably get more hits this way. Just postin "WANTED" is a bit vague and may cause someone that actually has this gear to over-look your post. 

If you would like I can go in and add this if you would like me too.  

Once again welcome to Trailspace. Hope you 2 find the site to be beneficial in your future backcountry endeavors. 

9:02 p.m. on November 26, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

thank you!  i am so happy i just happened upon this site

.. i am sure we can find so much more to sell and look at what other members have to sell too..

thanks again...happy trails! ~ anna from pa...

9:07 p.m. on November 26, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

The info provided on the site as well as the gear reviews are quite helpful as well. I highly encourage the both of you to take a look around the site. 

There is a plethora of awesome info, etc contained here. 

Happy hiking- Rick-Pittsburgh(Pa as well.)

10:21 p.m. on November 27, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Sorry about my tardiness responding. I was able to locate 2 complete Groninger cook sets with Primus 71 stoves so I am well set for this spring. Nothing like a beautiful hike, followed by a day of gold panning and then a country cookout on my vintage "puffers". Thanks to those who responded to my search. Happy Trails! Chris.

September 22, 2014
Quick Reply