For Sale: Icebreaker GT220 Merino Wool Top

6:27 p.m. on December 14, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Way cool top! I hate to have to let it go, but it's just that the sleeves are a little short for me. They are fine when worn conventionally, but when using the thumb-holes they pull a little bit. The top is a size medium, and for reference, I'm 6'1", 165lbs (with fairly long arms). The shirt fits perfectly otherwise, but I just can't abide with the barely-short sleeves...if a top has thumb loops, you want to be able to comfortably use them, right? That being said, if you're 6' tall or under, this top will be ideal.

Icebreaker-220.jpg

Icebreaker-220-closeup.jpg

This shirt is loaded with features which make a perfect fall-through-spring running top: Reflective tape allong the zipper, reflective logos, and a chest pocket just big enough for a couple gel packs and a cell phone.

It also makes a perfect baselayer or midlayer. The 220 weight fabric is ideal for three season use in such capacities, and it also makes a great just-in-case layer to throw in during your summer outings. Double-thickness zip neck collar holds in heat when you need to. Deep, 1/2-zip neck and looser-weave panels under the arms dump heat when you need to.

I used it just a handful of times, and it is perfect condition. Very deep, rich black color with grey accents. No holes, snags, or runs in the superfine merino wool. Icebreaker makes some of the best wool around, and this is a perfect example of their work.

This top is no longer produced, and is quite rare. They went for around $140 new. I'm asking for $60 shipped. For your safety and mine I only accept payment through PayPal.

Thanks for your interest!

4:21 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

That's $60 shipped for (arguably) the best merino available!

9:01 p.m. on January 12, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Come and get it!

1:18 a.m. on January 25, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Like new and over half off!

2:46 p.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS