FS: DANA DESIGN Terraplane large

1:04 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

Dana Design. Terraplane internal frame. Dark blue. Pack size Large. Belt size Large. 5800 cubic inches. 1989 pack with a 1997 belt and framesheet with shoulder bar. $150 (which includes postage + PayPal fees). -A good friend of mine thought they were doing me a favor by picking this up because it was an older model in such good condition. It's too big for me. I use a medium/medium. Dark blue, but it is faded to look almost exactly like an old denim jean. The fabric is still in great, durable condition. Other than the fading, the only other flaw is a coffee stain on the bottom of the pack, which you can see in the photos. Pack is in fantastic condition in every other way.

This pack is from just after they stopped using the leather Dana tags and prior to the red/orange fabric tags familiar in the 90s. Made entirely in Montana.

danadesign1989terraplan.jpg

5:07 p.m. on December 31, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

$125 total. I know it looks like a beat hag, but in person, it's a really nice pack with a lot of life left in it.

3:39 p.m. on January 1, 2012 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

Probably the finest general-duty production made pack ever offered and one I consider ideal for mountain backpacking. This is a deal on a fine piece of gear and would be ideal for a beginner-backpack hunter at a fraction of the price of some of the over-hyped and under-performing specialty "hunting" packs sold by the "uber-macho" makers.

1:18 p.m. on February 13, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

$115 total.  That's basically less than $100 for one of the best packs ever made.  Other than the fading and stain, it's like new.  Stitching, zippers, fabric...everything is in top functioning condition.  The fading is purely aesthetic.  No deterioration to the fibers.

4:57 p.m. on February 13, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

This pack is 6050 cubic inches in volume.  I gave the wrong information by originally quoting the size medium volume of 5800 cubic inches.

6:27 p.m. on February 14, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

SOLD

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply