WTB: Galibier Peuteray or Super Guide Boots

9:37 p.m. on January 28, 2012 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

I want to buy a pair of US size 10 Galibier Peuteray, Vercors or Super Guide boots. They MUST be "as new" and without blemish or heavy waterproofing.

I pay by cheque or Post Canada Money Order and my e-mail is  wodaxe@msn.com or PMs here. I am ONLY interested in these boots, no others.

12:31 p.m. on February 5, 2012 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

C'mon, somebody has to have a pair or two sitting in a closet unused, unloved and lonely for the mountains!  :)

1:43 p.m. on March 17, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
708 reviewer rep
873 forum posts

Dewey the Super Guides and Vercors are still available new. What European size are you looking for? 43? I may have a line on an used pair of Peuterays.

6:12 p.m. on March 17, 2012 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

In the Vercours I found here a couple of years ago, they are a US 10 or, by most Euro. makers, a 43. I would love to find another pair of these as my extremely costly, carefully maintained custom Van Gorkum boots just broke inside my car today. If, this had happened when on one of my favoured local mountain "training" trails, I would almost certainly be dead now.

So, after my experiences with two famous and costly custom "boot makers", Russell Moc. of Wisconsin, being the other, I just want to buy a couple more pairs of boots I CAN trust before I get too old to hike and climb.

I know that these are available in France, new, but, I am hoping to find some "pre-owned" ones, as new, here, because they are too heavy for most people's hiking uses.

9:48 a.m. on March 19, 2012 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

Mods: Please delete this post as I now have what I require. Thnx. Dewey

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply