70's Stove Note's - Courtesy of an Early EMS Catalog

10:41 p.m. on March 6, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
121 forum posts

Today I came upon the following tips and know-how on the popular stove's of the era that I had saved from a mid 70's EMS catalog. A time when catalog's not only sold gear but also offered useful information on it's usage. The photographs were taken as closely as possible hoping that the reader could enlarge or zoom in on the text. If not, an email with attachment's could be sent that should help. Note:  Photo's have been uploaded to "my photographs". Double click on each photo for an enlargement.

P1070966.jpg

P1070965.jpg

P1070964.jpg

P1070968.jpg

P1070963.jpg

P1070967.jpg

11:42 p.m. on March 6, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

The detail in the 70's era EMS catalogs was amazing, almost like reading The Complete Walker while shopping.

12:31 a.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Hey pine sap,  Are you posting this (these) cause there for sale or because their cool or both?  It such a bonus when when runs across old instructions, owners manuals and the like!

4:46 a.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
121 forum posts

Goodness, it hadn't occurred to me that someone may want there own copy or do you mean that the original's cut from the catalog are worth something? I just sent the original's along with the Svea stove and Sigg cookset that I sold. I thought that since they were leaving my hands, I would post them here as a source of information------ and their cool! If your interested purely for your own copy, I'm thinking they could be printed from "my photo's" to have in hand? Or, I could send them to you as an attachment from an e-mail? I'm a bit of an old dummy on computer's but learning. Keep's the brain young right?

-NK

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply