WTB: Go Lite ShangriLa 5

1:40 p.m. on April 1, 2012 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

Just need the outer and the center pole.

Thanks-

Charlie

8:55 a.m. on April 3, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
121 forum posts

Saw the regular and long adjustable center poles on sale on Golite's outlet webpage @ $20.00.

http://www.golite.com/tents

Cheer's,

NK-

10:42 a.m. on April 3, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Just purchased 2 of them !

Free shipping also !

Don't miss this deal if you need tarp or shelter poles.

Good luck.

9:00 a.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

I needed up buying the Mountain Hardware Hoopster last night.  Will have to test it out and report back.

10:38 a.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

Better choice for  your needs and one of the most interesting shelters to come along in some time, IMHO.

I would like to try one myself if I did not already have too many tents!

12:57 a.m. on April 5, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
167 forum posts

they came out with 3 or those trussing tents, yurtini, hoopla, and the hoopster. i can't see the tents in any detail as my flash player isn't up to snuff. i talked to a guy at mountain hardwear a few months ago and he was able to tell me that they were coming out with an improved kiva type design. would like to see how they set up.

charlie hope it works for you and am looking forward to the review.

happy trails 

9:56 a.m. on April 5, 2012 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

The features that attracted me were the following - 

It has a robust 70+ denier fabric...which I like.

The walls are more vertical than a tipi.

It apparently can be raised in order to vent, and lowered when the weather turns really ugly. It looks like there are webbing adjustors at the stake out points, which means we can get the structure really taut, which I like.

We frequently camp and fly fish above timberline where we are VERY exposed...no trees in site.  And we wanted a shelter that we could "hang out" in, cook in, etc, away from our sleeping tents. Often we get high winds and hail/rain/snow in the afternoons in August, so we wanted a "bomber" shelter.

The pkg is close to 7 lbs, but since we use packgoats, weight will not be an issue.

It will be nice to have a mobile shelter that sets up quick and can be used for cooking, protected from the elements.

2:13 p.m. on April 5, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Golfpro said:

Just purchased 2 of them !

Free shipping also !

Don't miss this deal if you need tarp or shelter poles.

Good luck.

Hi  Golf pro and welcome to Trailspace,

Did you get the Regular or long poles. Can you post a picture when you get them and let me/us know what you think of them quality wise. The picture at the Golite website leaves a little to be desired.

I called them and got some measurements. Both poles are adjustable incrementally thru their ranges. The Regular pole adjusts from 58-70 in., while the long is adjustable from 66-80 in.

8:26 p.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Just came today, I will definetly post a review with detailed pictures.

They look very nice.

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply