WTB: Snow Peak WG stove or cheap Omnifuel

11:48 p.m. on May 1, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

Looking for about the last two stoves I want to add to my collection.  I just picked up a complete Nova, no tool though, that works great.  A fellow stovie posted about a Snow Peak WG stove recently, looked kinda neat and he was very pleased with it.  It is from the 80's I believe.  Also, if I can get it at a cheap price, a Primus Omnifuel stove, complete.  I should have a gift card for REI coming soon for $100 which would knock a big chunk off the price of a new Omnifuel, that's why if I got a used one, it would have to be pretty low.  Still looking for an elusive MSR white pump, working or not.

email me please.  hikerduaneataaahawkdotcom

Duane

8:01 a.m. on May 2, 2012 (EDT)
81 reviewer rep
422 forum posts

Have you looked at the new Omnilite Ti?  I haven't seen it yet, but it looks like it's as good as the Omnifuel but a lot lighter.

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

4:03 p.m. on May 2, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

Hay HJ!  It's a canister isn't it though?

Duane

9:22 a.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
8 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

Look at the Brunton Lander give it some consideration. It's a multi fuel, very compact (it fits inside my stove), comes complete with a fuel canister (that's saving you $20), wind screen, replacement parts/cleaning kit and a carrying pouch that also fits a lighter.

Yeah it's a little loud but I haven't found a multi fuel stove that isn't. You can pick one up for $99 but Brunton isn't importing them anymore, but the OEM still makes them overseas. I'll see if I can find the bookmark to the OEM and post it here

1:25 p.m. on May 3, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
263 forum posts

HJ, stainless,

Did not realize so many of the Primus stoves were so similar.  All fuel, multi-fuel.  Hmm.  Man oh man.  Checked out Primus site last night, wow, from them the stoves are pretty pricey.  No rush, just my money.  the Omnifuel has such good ratings, have not looked at the Lander, I'll do some more looking, don't really need another modern stove with all the vintage/classics I have that need some trail miles.

HJ, do you have a 550ml mug you want to sell?

Duane

November 27, 2014
Quick Reply