FS: Custom White's Lace-to-Toe Smokejumpers

4:50 p.m. on July 12, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Well, I finally admitted to myself that my custom-cut white's are too small for me...

Front-Oblique.jpg

These boots are, hands down, the best logging/forestry boots one can buy. Please, read all about them from the master crafters themselves:

http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29867

They use only the finest Full Grain Leather, with Vibram Montagna Block soles, Kevlar thread and Kevlar laces. Real brass hooks and eyelets. Full Norwegian welt. They are fully rebuildable, and if anything fails on them, White's will fix it for free.

DSCN0606.jpg

They will fit an individual who normally wears a size 10 to 11. I have an average-width forefoot, a narrow heel, and a moderately-high arch; the typical LaSportiva foot.

These will unquestionably stand up to anything you can throw at them, and ask for more. They are specifically made for the steepest slopes and the roughest conditions. Really, there is nothing I can say here that hasn't been said before. These boots are legendary, and if you're reading this, their legend has likely preceded them.

DSCN0605.jpg

They are $450 new, $550 with the custom charge. As the pictures show, they are nearly new. Certainly less than 200 miles on them. With that being said, I know I'm gonna take a bit hit on these. I have a local individual interested, but I figured I'd offer them up here as well. I'm asking $300 shipped. I only accept payment by Paypal for your safety and mine.

The sounding axe shown above is for scale, and is not part of the deal...

8:47 p.m. on July 12, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

WOW....like ART!, pillow! Brings back memories, coming from a logging family from teh PNW! Good luck selling, just wanted to offer my admiration of a great boot!

4:52 p.m. on July 18, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Thanks Karen...It really pains me to sell these, as I planned to have these for the rest of my working life...I've heard there is nothing that fits a given foot better than a 10 year-old pair of White's, and now I have to start over...

11:18 a.m. on July 23, 2012 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,165 forum posts

I went to work for the BLM in 1980 in Spokane, having graduated from forestry school at the U of WA.  The waiting list for a pair of White's was 6 months, so I went with off the shelf Danners and wore them for years.  Now they seem too heavy for all but sidehill walking.  I worked with an old forester in Spokane that claimed he had resoled his White's 9 times.

5:24 p.m. on August 13, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

I can do $250 shipped...

9:59 a.m. on August 14, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,456 reviewer rep
1,234 forum posts

Best boots made.  I wore them for 5 years in the woods as a firefighter/tree planter/thinner/etc.

You leaving the woods Pillow? I thought you worked in the woods?

4:52 p.m. on August 14, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sage...No, I'm not leaving the woods; I've got a new pair on order. Going to make damn sure they aren't too small in the toe-box this time...

9:22 p.m. on August 15, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

They're up on Ebay with a starting price of $200, here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290761619882

11:23 a.m. on August 16, 2012 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,165 forum posts

Ever try Hawthorne's lace-up ropers?  They are good for long days doing almost anything.  There are not as heavy as the logging boots.

11:16 a.m. on August 25, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

ppine, I haven't, but I've heard good things about Hawthorne's boots before; good to hear your endorsement as well.

For those interested, there's about 10 hours left on the ebay auction for the boots, to which I've linked above...

September 23, 2014
Quick Reply