Wanted used ski pulk

12:10 p.m. on November 4, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Any leads on picking up a cargo/kid pulk?  Interested in Ziffco Outer Limits, Mountainsmith/Kifaru, Wilderness Kindershuttle/Base Camp, Granite Gear, True North, anything that incorporates poles & a hipbelt, preferably with a cover.  Thanks!

6:48 a.m. on November 5, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

Pm sent re Wilderness Experience Kindershuttle

8:45 p.m. on November 25, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I'm also looking for a sled to pull my kids in this winter - if anyone has any leads I would appreciate it.

12:23 p.m. on November 26, 2012 (EST)
21 reviewer rep
1,215 forum posts

I have found plastic sleds in the grocery store that were quite serveable for hauling winter gear behind skis or showshoes. I have used a dog to pull one. The sleds are cheap and don't break in the cold.

2:11 p.m. on November 26, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I have used blue food service barrels cut length wise. They are absolutely indestructable and they slide and track well. I find them on craigslist and cut them with a circular saw. Theu cut really easily and there is a seam to follow. They can be cut with a recipracating saw as well. I think I paid twelve dollars each, so six bucks a sled. They last about fpur yrs pulling firewood, I even use them when there is no snow, that why they dont last longer. I would guess ten trs plus if I only used them on snow, forever with softer stuff than wood.

October 25, 2014
Quick Reply