Vintage Holubar Tent

12:51 p.m. on December 26, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

I have a circa 1970's Holubar Tent. I am interested in selling it but I have no grasp on what it is worth. My father handed it down to me and I used it up until last winter with great success. It kept me alive in 40 below weather in the Adirondacks last winter and can handle anything you throw at it. It is orange and brown, strictly winter expedition, and in really great shape. Everything is intact, there is just a small tear in the screen. The only parts that aren't original are the stakes, a few went missing and were replaced last year. I do have most of the originals though.

Can anyone help me determine what this tent might be worth? I can't find one for sale anywhere to get an idea.

Thanks!

I will post some pics at some point. I am waiting for the snow storm tonight so I can set it up in the snow.

12:56 p.m. on December 26, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

I put a picture of it in my profile image, that is from last year. Crane Pond, Adirondacks. Not the best picture of it...more to follow.

11:58 a.m. on December 27, 2012 (EST)
21 reviewer rep
1,286 forum posts

If the nylon and stitching are intact, it has got to be worth $100-150.  To the right person that savors old gear it might be worth a little more.

3:22 p.m. on December 27, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

ppine said:

If the nylon and stitching are intact, it has got to be worth $100-150.  To the right person that savors old gear it might be worth a little more.

Yeah, it is all intact. The only damage is a small rip in the screen by the zipper at the entry. I never minded that though since I only use it in winter. 

I used it up until last year and it is fine. The only reason I don't want it anymore is because it is so darn heavy and requires so many tie downs. I usually end up setting up in the dark and want something quick and easy.

I feel bad letting it go but it is time for someone else to enjoy it. My father paid $700 for it in the late 60's early 70's. If only camping gear appreciated! Ha! Thanks a lot for the help. Anything I can get for it will help towards a new one.

I'm just going to put up another post and sell it to the best offer. I'd rather sell it here than Ebay because I want to send it to a good home.

Happy Trails....

11:35 a.m. on December 28, 2012 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

Got a picture?

5:12 p.m. on December 28, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

GaryPalmer said:

Got a picture?

I don't have a good one yet. The only picture of it is the picture in my signature/profile. Not a good one, sorry, it was all I had at the moment. I can get you one over the weekend if you are interested? 

9:54 a.m. on January 9, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

I think I have decided to keep this. It has too much sentimental value to part with for $100 or so. It has been with me for all my 25 or so years of camping and with my father for about 45. I may never use it again, then again I may. All I know is I would feel bad just getting rid of it, too many memories. 

7:48 p.m. on January 11, 2013 (EST)
10 reviewer rep
492 forum posts

Pitch it upside down in your den, add an old Holubar ice ax and a coil of Goldline rope and some 'arn' a set of wood, rawhide and shellac snow shoes, and you will have a conversation piece that will be a starter for you to pass on some of those memories to your guests.

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply