About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Wanted Arch Rival Tent

6:26 a.m. on January 15, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

My boyfriend has had his walrus arch rival tent for over 20 years and it has seen better days. He needs a new one and I was hoping to find him one for Christmas . That didnt happen , so now I'm hoping for his birthday . Please contact me if you have one to sell or know where I can find one :-)

1:44 p.m. on January 15, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

That's a great tent. I still use mine and the Terramoto.  Don't think I want to sell mine, but keep looking. I know they are still out there. Try whiteblaze.com and backpackinglight.com. BPL requires you to buy a membership to post. WB is free.

3:31 p.m. on January 15, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

Ebay may likely be your best bet, one will show up eventually.

7:21 a.m. on January 16, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Thanks I'll try those other sites if I haven't already. I might have searched them,I've tried soo many :( I did a saved search for eBay and they are suppose to notify me if someone posts . I'm hoping if someone has one they will contact me through this site, because I rarely check into my actual email address since that one isn't the one on my iPhone .

8:07 a.m. on January 16, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I watch craigs lists all over and ebay constantly, while I rehab my kbee ill keep my eyes open for you

8:45 a.m. on January 16, 2013 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,040 reviewer rep
1,006 forum posts

Tip: Contact every mom & pop specialty climbing/backpacking store in every little rural town you can find. You will find "new, old stock" Walrus, Garuda, SD, and even Moss tents if you're lucky...

3:41 p.m. on January 16, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I would appreciate that very much hotdogman :D I look when I can too, but two sets of eyes are better than one ! I'll try the smaller mom & pop, but finding locally will be difficult , because my boyfriend has been searching and wanting a new one himself for like 5 years. He's been using his for over 20 years for sheep hunting and it helped him get 18 rams . He's been taking video and pictures to someday put out a book and video . It would be nice if he could have a tent in his video that wasn't all patched up .

11:07 p.m. on January 16, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

Make your ebay search as generic as possible, such as "walrus tent."  Many sellers do not know the correct model name for a tent and may not bother putting arch rival in the description.

11:12 p.m. on January 16, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

Yea and try misspellings I have found great stuff with nobody bidding on it that way.

1:26 a.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Ok thank you , I'll try that ;-)

8:31 a.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

Yea and try misspellings I have found great stuff with nobody bidding on it that way.

1:47 p.m. on January 17, 2013 (EST)
42 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

A long shot, but why not try Hilton's Tent City?

1:29 a.m. on January 18, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

I think I have one in my storage unit, to cut the weight of the tent I trimmed some things off of it ( the ties that hold the door open, maybe the inside pockets ? Can't remember what else )

I will get back to you as soon as get a chance to look for it & check the condition.

1:05 a.m. on January 20, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Thanks GolfPro ! PM if you want the condition and an asking price. He also mentioned he liked a similar also discontinued Kelty Tent that was grey with a blue strip. I think he went with the Walrus Arch Rival though for the color blending in good with the sheep terrain .

2:41 a.m. on January 21, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Ok so this is definately a bad time of year to search. I've tried everywhere and his birthday is the 28th. I even tried spending hours on the main sites looking through 2 person tent listings :'(

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply