Garmont Zenith Mid GTX hiking boots, size 10.5

2:50 p.m. on February 2, 2013 (EST)
29 reviewer rep
29 forum posts

Really nice pair of Garmont's Zenith Mid GTX (GoreTex) hiking boots. Bought these for my teen son -- he loved them, but quickly outgrew them. Winner of the 2011 Outside Gear of the Year Award.

Probably about 50 miles and maybe 8 days on the boots. Worked great for winter snow hike to Alta Peak and summer backpack to top of Mt. Langley.

Slight scuffs on upper and on Vibram sole, but these boots still have 90%+ of their life left.

Post to ebay, but shoot me a note if you want them and I will end auction early (assuming it's before I get bids) -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261164431969

Here's the published description from Campmor:

The Garmont Zenith Trail Mid Men's Gore-Tex Hiking Boot features a breathable mid cut design with a heel lock retention system, asymmetrical cuff and stabilizing PU perimeter midsole. The lightweight EVA comfort core makes this boot a versatile and quick on the trail. Breathability, Gore-Tex waterproofing and all around support make this the perfect three-season boot.1.6 mm water repellent NubukHigh breathable abrasion resistant meshMid-cut design for stability and ankle protectionRust resistant hardwear and tape webbingHeel Lock closure systemGusseted, padded tongue keeps out debrisAsymetrical cuff height for comfort and supportRubber Toe bumper for added protectionADD construction for instant fit with minimal break-inPU Foot-bed for breathability and moisture managementMid cut for improved stability and ankle protectionGore-Tex XCR liningPU perimeter midsole provides stability and resists compression set.EVA comfort core reduces swing weight and provides shock attenuation.Vibram Morlin Hike Q768 outsole offers stability and grip on varying terrains, semi blocked heel lugs for braking and deceleration; perimeter stability lugsGarmont TPU Spine system provides midfoot support and improved forefoot flex.

From some reviews I've seen, these fit well for a wide foot (which seems accurate for my son as well), but otherwise run true to size.

August 1, 2014
Quick Reply