FS: Petrified wood from the Long Valley area of SW Utah

10:19 p.m. on August 6, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,120 forum posts

I have various size pieces of petrified wood from 30 mms long  to a huge one as big as your head, weighing in at about 30 lbs of black petrified wood. 

Ask me and I can send pictures of the rocks.

Asking $2 for the small ones to $175 including shipping to you for the big one.

11:14 a.m. on August 7, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,120 forum posts

Petrified-wood-found-near-Orderville-Uta

This is the largest piece of petrified wood I have found so far this summer. I placed my bike lock key on top for scale

4:15 a.m. on August 8, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
50 forum posts

Hi Gary,

There is something irreverent about the removal of natural formations which some of us abide by. For this reason I will respectfully decline.

Alan Sidlo

7:25 a.m. on August 8, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,120 forum posts

This like most peices I find was in a ditch under the highway. Most peices I do not see in ditches are the real tiny ones.

8:43 a.m. on August 8, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
50 forum posts

Had an idea that was the case and it's a relief to have confirmation that at least these items were not from their original locations. Still am reluctant to condone the sale as this can lead to the temptation for a less courteous individual to raid the more pristine locations. It's just my thinking and not anything more.

Only the best...

9:38 a.m. on August 9, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,120 forum posts

Yes, sorry I understand. Can a moderator remove my post here, petrified wood for sale?

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply