FS: Nunatak Gear Arc Alpinist sleepingbag

2:42 p.m. on September 2, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

For sale is a lightly used Nunatak Gear Arc Alpinist sleeping bag.

Size long (+3") with 2 oz. down overfill. Blue Epic fabric.

For additional details and specs visit Nunatak USA's website.

$350 shipped.

PM if interested.

11:56 a.m. on September 25, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,077 forum posts

Its only rated to 20 degree's. I have two bags rated to that. I am thinking together they will be warmer to lower temps.

10:04 p.m. on September 26, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Yes, probably they would.

The sleeping quilt is a lightweight option for those willing to wear the extra layers of clothing usually on hand. But it's not for everyone.

I like it because it works for a wide range of temps. In warmer weather or in a hut it can be used as a blanket and it will work as a lightweight bag in winter too, but at colder temps it can be on the edge of uncomfortably cold.

After using it I've found I prefer a zippered bag, the reason I'm looking to pass it on to someone who it will work for.

12:13 a.m. on September 27, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,077 forum posts

I used to have the Golite Featherlight  bag that had a hood and no zipper. I found it to be the best bag I ever owned by weight (9 oz) It was Down but I got a hole torn in it and Golite could not repair it under warranty. I have two Coleman sleeping bags now. And am looking at a 0 degree bag now. I plan to do a lot of camping this winter here in SW Utah near Zion between the Pink and Vermilion Cliffs of the Grand Staircase Nat Monument.

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply