for sale anchorage alaska tent, sleeping bags, and packs

1:55 p.m. on September 5, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
167 forum posts

not mine and i don't know the seller but this looks like a really good buy for someone in alaska

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/spo/3970191353.html

1 North Face VE-24 Three Seasons tent.
2 Kelty backpacks with external frames, one large, one extra-large
1 North Face Hydrafil extra large mummy sleeping bag, rated to -5f
1 Down Home down filled medium sleeping bag
3 Polyolefin camping pads

All for $250 OBO, please call 770-1407 and leave area code

3:12 p.m. on September 5, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Correct me if I am wrong but the VE-24 is a 4 season tent lol...

Something irks me when someone posts a product for sale and do not clearly state what they have.

All the same this is a good deal.

Then again I wonder about the condition of the gear in this package deal. 

4:40 p.m. on September 5, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
167 forum posts

rick like you said "condition" is everything on this old stuff. in this case if the seller was more aware of what they had, it might have been higher priced.

down home bags were superbly made and rare to find. that is the main reason i posted the add.

happy trails

5:01 p.m. on September 5, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

:)

9:12 p.m. on September 5, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,156 forum posts

I see the ad is from July 30th this year, by now I wonder if they are gone? I had a VE-24 tent in the early 1980s. I lived in it during a 5 month period I stayed in the Sierra Nevada mountains in Yosemite Jan-May 1980.

If this stuff is still for sale I may be game, I could use a good tent like that this winter and the pack(s) too, and the sleeping bags. I plan to have a base camp in the Kanab Canyon area near where I live in SW Utah this winter then do day hikes from it, a second tent would make it possible to have two base camps.

I don't have a phone, could someone call him and give them my email address? cgptsnaz@yahoo.com Tell them if they still have the equipment I am interested. Gary Palmer

5:59 p.m. on September 6, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,156 forum posts

I don't have a phone, could someone call him and give them my email address?cgptsnaz@yahoo.com Tell them if they still have the equipment I am interested. 

???

September 22, 2014
Quick Reply